Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dirt Biking in St. George - Dec. 9-10

Quote Originally Posted by Garbanzo View Post
    BTW, I have an additional mount on my rack for another gallon, making 2 added gallons. Hell, Mtn Seeker has enough fuel for the whole crew!! For what it's worth.
    We might need it if I don't lay off the throttle this time...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    For sale? Upgrade!?
    Yep, there is a 2012 WR with my name on it. Unfortunately it doesn't look like Yamaha will be shipping until March.

I did pick up an economy bike last night, a "needs work" YZ250, 2006. I have a parts list to order tonight.

Likely will have the old dirty SOB yz450 still since there are hundreds of the same for sale...

Nice dude! Awesome!

Talked with Jarrod last night. Neither of us can swing getting friday off and I have to be back in town saturday afternoon by 4. We still want to ride with you guys. What do you say about meeting in the middle saturday morning? We could ride Logandale (which has a fantastic trail system) saturday. We could meet there saturday morning and easily get in a great day of riding and then you guys can hit the buffet on the way home.......tempting......

Logandale is amazing.
    http://www.bogley.com/forum/showthre...andale-1-30-09
    http://www.bogley.com/forum/showthre...gandale-Nevada

It would be an hour drive for you guys if you're coming from St. George and 30 minutes if coming from Mesquite.

What do ya think?
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Yup, 6.3 glns may seem a little bit much but I'm hoping to put it to good use next spring in central and northern Nevada for about a week.

Man I'm sorry to hear the bike is up for sale. Hope it's because somebody is in the market for a new one.

I for one am tempted on the Logandale ride.
    Never rode there and it does look like fun.
    Sorry you guy's can't swing fri.

That works for me and looks fun and yeah the buffet. I know @Garbanzo like sand riding so he should be cool with it.

We could ride around STG on Friday.

I'm good with that. I need some sand practice anyway.
    I just dropped by to see what condition my condition is in.

I got my bike prepped today. I had to run over to the dealer for an o ring and I ran into this beauty...which could very well be my next bike.

'12 350 EXC-R

My buddy rode an 11 the other day in Moab and he said it ruled. He rides a KTM 250 and said it felt like his but on steroids.

I know Garbanzo likes the BUFFET so he should be cool with it.
    I just dropped by to see what condition my condition is in.

Looks like sunny weather and around low 50's for ST. George Fri. and mid 50's Sat. in Logandale with mostly sun for the two.
    The mornings are another thing alltogether but hey the winds should be a bit more mellow

That KTM looks sweet, I like a lot of things about it. Not sure if it's worth 1.5 grand more than a blue bike but it is impressive.

You gotta just love the flavor thing. You have Blueberry, Cherry and Twang. Or better known as tree bouncers/uprooters.

However I do believe that twangers are about the best out of the box and ready to rock and roll !!!!

But after you buy them and prep them the money thing says twong LOL.

Trailers or Hotels

Are you boy's from up North doing the Hotel thing?
    Trailer thing or you all just jetting your rides in

Times and places
    Fri=
    Sat=

Logandale? and ?

Last Sat. the temps were in the mid 30's but the wind was in the mid 40's.
    I went out to Warner Valley and we had just enough rain/snow to make the first rides up the whoops great but after about 7-8 hard core riders it was a real chore to keep the front wheel were you wanted it and the wind and temps blew me right off a trail or two.

Had a chance to do some real cross country traveling back down a wash or two to get back to the trail
    It was great and it was a bioch.
    Just not enough moister to keep things right unless you were not the one breaking trail so to speak.

Friday: Meet at the In-N-Out Burger in the AM. Ride Warner. What time? Maybe after breakfast. Maybe meet somewhere for breakfast. Thoughts?
    Saturday: Nelson? Meet where and what time? A few of us will be traveling from STG.

06 needs work yz

Fourtycal-
    Keep me in mind after you get your new ride.

Might just be in the market for a little light zinger this spring.

Quote Originally Posted by fourtycal View Post
    That KTM looks sweet, I like a lot of things about it. Not sure if it's worth 1.5 grand more than a blue bike but it is impressive.
    Are you coming down this weekend?

If it were me after a 4-5 hr. drive I think Breakfast would be nice.
    But it is all good.

I'll keep my eye on here and see how it goes.

A few directions on the Logandale Trails will help for those of us that have not ridden there before.
    Logandale Trails look like they have some serious washes out there and I mean huge from what little I have seen.

After looking at that 012 KTM 350, and it's nice as hell, I just realized my bike is 11yrs old.
    Is this 350 a faster than what you have now kinda bike or a better trail style bike?

Are you coming down this weekend?
    Not looking good for me