Thread: Canyoneering in Zion 11/19-11/23

Canyoneering in Zion 11/19-11/23

Two of us are en route to Zion right now (we forewent the Roost). If anybody is going to be descending any canyons over the next 5 days and would like to team up for a descent, or if we can help each other out with a shuttle, let me know. We are planning on doing some shorter canyons on Saturday (maybe echo or pine creek and/or keyhole) to get a feel for the conditions. After that we will kind of play it by ear depending on the weather and how things go that first day. If the weather clears up we may try for some bigger days on monday and Tuesday. Other canyons we're interested in include: mystery, subway (das boot if we are really feeling good), fat mans misery, and spry. A lot of our itinerary will depend on how warm we are and how fast we move after our first day. And of course we are open to other ideas. If you're around and interested in joining us, let me know. Also if anyone has any recent beta I'd love to hear about it.

Forrest

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Myself and mfshop will be meeting at the Backcountry desk at 8 tomorrow (Saturday) to see if we can get permits for Spry or Mystery, if you would care to make a group?

Rob

That sounds like fun...I sent you a PM. We'll look for you tomorrow.

Forrest

Hi Forrest. I am a guide here in Southern Utah and this is the slow season. I would enjoy going with your group to do some adventures and I think that I can show you all some places that most others do not know about. I am happy to do some car pooling and am just looking to have a great adventure in the rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by RMG View Post
    Hi Forrest. I am a guide here in Southern Utah and this is the slow season. I would enjoy going with your group to do some adventures and I think that I can show you all some places that most others do not know about. I am happy to do some car pooling and am just looking to have a great adventure in the rocks.
    That would be cool. How bout we all meet at the backcountry desk at 8? I'll wear my helmet so y'all can find me

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mfshop View Post
    That would be cool. How bout we all meet at the backcountry desk at 8? I'll wear my helmet so y'all can find me

Quote Originally Posted by RMG View Post
    Sounds good!