Thread: New HP Laptop rips off Apple's MacBook

New HP Laptop rips off Apple's MacBook

See any resemblance. BTW...Apple released this design 3-4 years ago.

MacBook Pro
    Name:  115510-macbook-pr&#111.jpg
Views: 1954
Size:  54.1 KB

HP Envy
    Name:  gal2..jpg
Views: 17067
Size:  88.6 KB

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

hmm that doesn't look much different than my 3 year old HP G62...
    Tacoma Said - If Scott he asks you to go on a hike, ask careful questions like "Is it going to be on a trail?" "What are the chances it will kill me?" etc. Maybe "Will there be sack-biting ants along the way?"

Blog Entries
    Well, the Envy looks WAY better than the Mac. Hehe
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

At least they were honest about where they got the design inspiration when they named it Envy.

they said this two years ago with the envy too, though (aside from the exterior of the computer which looks nothing like a macbook) the envy looks more like the macbook now than ever.

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar
    one opens to the left the other opens to the right how is that a resemblance

Quote Originally Posted by trackrunner View Post
    one opens to the left the other opens to the right how is that a resemblance
    :)
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

Dude... Laptops are going to look similar, its a 2 piece design at the moment, not a whole lot you can do with it.

Besides its not like Apple hasn't been imitating other companies for years.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEberryBOB View Post
    Dude... Laptops are going to look similar, its a 2 piece design at the moment, not a whole lot you can do with it.

Besides its not like Apple hasn't been imitating other companies for years.
    Who does Apple imitate with their designs in the computer world?

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    oh you know, acca, they use cpus, ram, harddisk drives, etc. totally imitating other computers ;)

sorry I couldnt resist

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    clearly NeXT computers

Quote Originally Posted by trackrunner View Post
    clearly NeXT computers
    Nice try. They bought NeXT along with Steve Jobs. However none of the NeXT computers resemble anything in Apple's current design. We are talking about physical appearance, not software.

this is the titanium powerbook G4 apple introduced 10 years ago (jan 2001)

This is the Fanboy Who Gives a Crap 1.0
    It was released at the beginning of time. People, animals, etc have all been copying it since then. I think we should make a big deal out of it, it REALLY REALLY matters to me that others know that what I prefer is the right choice.

Some prefer originality. Others are content following the pack. Nothing wrong with either choice. It's simply an observation.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent K25 View Post
    This is the Fanboy Who Gives a Crap 1.0
    It was released at the beginning of time. People, animals, etc have all been copying it since then. I think we should make a big deal out of it, it REALLY REALLY matters to me that others know that what I prefer is the right choice.
    thanks for that lovely image, but it looks to me like brownie mix imitating Crap 1.0.

not sure who's making a "big deal" out of it. the rest of the thread just seems like ordinary bogley, general discussion commentary. if anything it's acknowledging the dynamics of business in which imitation is one strategy. it could be interpreted as there being demand for this type of design in a pc.

and keep in mind, apple imitated sony in many ways. steve jobs looked up to sony as a role model

and yea regarding choice ... choice is in the eye of the beholder. there is no "right choice" for all, just depends on the person and what they want.

for fun here's acer's alleged new computer (leaked in aug). looks a tad like another computer