Thread: Biking Lights - I'm looking for input on what you use that is good equipment

Biking Lights - I'm looking for input on what you use that is good equipment

I want to purchase a light system for my MT bike so I thought I would ask for input from you. I would like to get a bar mounted light and one for the helmut for night trail riding. Any input would be appreciated. What is your experience with the various products on the market. What do you think about the brands, light quality, style, price etc. Thanks in advance for your input.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Blog Entries
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

Quote Originally Posted by jman View Post
    Wow, if a driver can't see that, they definitely shouldn't be driving!!

Some of those pics, esp. the one on the salt flat, reminded me of the "art bikes" at Burning Man.

I have some magicshine lights (bar & helmet). They are made in china, but are plenty bright & affordable. Bought them from geoman gear, a pretty well respected seller with good reviews on mtbr.

The LED by LITE bike lights are cool but wouldn't be enough to light up a trail. Great idea though and they'd definitely serve their purpose for "being seen", just not illuminating.

I did a demo on Light and Motion Bike Lights here, I was pretty happy with them.

http://www.bogley.com/forum/showthre...Product_Review

How about a mountain bike light system for less than $50 - http://kanyonkris.blogspot.com/2008/...-under-65.html

I've been using the above system for 2 years with no problems. I could use a little more light when the speed gets over 17 mph so I ordered a MagicShine for $50 from here - http://www.goldengadgets.com/900-lumens-bike-light.html

I've seen the MagicShine lights in action and they are amazingly bright.

I have been running a Light and Motion Seca 400 for about 2.5 years and I love it. These lights aren't cheap but work very well. A month ago the battery started to act up and it was covered under warranty. I like a company that stands behind their product.

I have a nightrider light that i helmet mount and have no need for a bar mount light also. There are some great deals on lights and they ae getting smaller and bighter every year.

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.