Thread: OK the weather is great and the dirt is a calling to me

OK the weather is great and the dirt is a calling to me

It says lets get the f*** out of dodge dude.
    So with my BRP that has nothing for a sub frame ( in all it is very twisted at best) I have been trying to get the light camping thing going on.
    I packed on bed roll,tent,sleeping bag with a winter liner insert fleese, the tools for most repairs, one tube a 21"front,10 x20 tarp, the new alpine camalback 100oz, with extra clothes and rain gear, dry food and everclear in plsatic that's 190 proof for that are not in the know. The 6.3 gln tank is back on and the thermals are packed. Oh and one bad ass Tomahawk.

Anyways It should look like this but I'm not sure how to post a pict. Let's see how this goes.

Well that worked well LOL'
    It looks good and tight even if I had to do a run down the big whoops it may just stay intact.
    I think it will work just fine and am heading into NV. by way of west ward ho baby. I figure I have close to 200 miles per tank and am thinking Bar Clay to Caliente and back again. IF I hit it first try I'll be good if not I may just have to sneak into town and gas up.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

How did it go? Any pix?

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnseeker1 View Post
    everclear in plsatic that's 190 proof for that are not in the know. The 6.3 gln tank is back on
    That's alot of damn booze dude!! Just messin. It would be nice if the bike co.'s would..... ah never mind.
    I just dropped by to see what condition my condition is in.

Sounds like fun! I like to see you practicing for our trip! How'd it go?
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Headed out Sun. afternoon and after setting up a base camp at jackson springs about 5 miles east of Shivowits rez on the Motoqa road. Caught a 78 mile warm up.
    Mon set out from camp with intentions of a moto camp up at Mathews dam but due to recent snows and mud everywhere just kept going onto Barclay and over to Caliente NV. Then came back to Mathews dam for lunch and found this old cabin tucked up in a canyon on the northwest end of the dam that was empty this time of year or maybe other problems with dam? Then back to camp after 110 mile day. Had the big tanker on and it was looking about half full after that ride.
    Tues. headed over the Beaver Dam wash into NV. again but headed west 20 or so miles then south to Mesq. tried to find a way down along I-15 thinking I would jump into Beaver Dam town then up the wash. Got a little turned around at that point So I backtracked for awhile then headed north then east where I found a steep trail that dropped me into the wash about where the high power lines cross. So I went down stream about 100 yrds for a crossing that brought me back up to the road that comes out off hwy 91 on the south side of the summit. Hit the road that kinda huggs the west side of the peak with all the micro hardware on it and back to camp. About 130 miles on that day with still only using half my tank.
    All and all it was a great ride and knocked off about 1/4" of the new 606 rear tire. Ohand the best part is the hunters have gone home

Oh yeh and I finally broke down and got me a Camalbak. Life is good lol

And after washing my bike the next day I found a mistake on my third day 130 miles. It was only 113 miles. I was tired and deluded.
    Last edited by Mtnseeker1; 11-16-2011 at 04:17 PM. Reason: washing bikes is realistic.

Yeh Garbonzo. The way I see it is that if you mix the Everclear with 50/50 water you have basically vodka. Now just some good ole powder drink mix and you have a little something to end the day with around the ole camp fire.

Maybe not the best but we are talking light weight. And as often as I go down in the rocks the plastic works for me.LOL

I myself just make the mix for vodka and a few shooters and a hot meal and I'm ready for bed. Sort of LOL.
    But I get what your laughing at 6.3 times two for just the vodka. Dam that would be some serious weight for the mixers.LOL

OK accadacca after reading the how to post picts. I have this big problem of being a computer drop out.
    Looked for the default in hopes that might save me but I must use a url?
    Just when I thought I could get around all this bs by getting a mac I find myself in the world of Beta and very lost.
    Honestly the only time I have ever loaded picts was on KSL with the Browse button and it took my forever
    Soback to the how to program for me
    I'm so bad at this sort of thing I'm not even sure I could e-mail my picts that I took.
    Found the attachments thing but still lost as how to make that work.
    I,ll have it fingered by spring I,m sure LOL.

hmm it sure is easy to load picts on ksl but here i'm at a loss.

LOL can;t find the Browse button

a stab at picts.

a pict with bike loaded, Barclay and one of Mathews cabin.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Inside view of dugout at mathews cabin.
    a water tank along way in NV.
    Caliente in the distance

Front view of bike loaded.
    Back of cabin shot.
    Caliente shot

Old battered windmill in NV.
    Base camp.
    a cattle shack I ran into after getting turned around on the last day.

End of day.
    East through the Beaver Dam Wash.
    Wide open NV in the ugly area.

Thanks accadaaca for the help. Guess I was trying to load to many at once. But hey it just goes to show that even us old dogs can learn new tricks
    I still put 2 of one and the rock art I have know idea how the hell that snuck in there.

Looks like fun. That Honda was loaded for bear.