Thread: First Video

First Video

Strapped the new GoPro2 on last weekend and did a couple hikes to petroglyphs in sunny St. George. I have a new appreciation for editing and will try to be more editor friendly with the camera in the future. (editing is a pain in the ass) if your not filming to edit. Its kinda rough but I was playing with some of the features in IMovie.
    IF YOU WON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, PLEASE, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!!!

2008 V2K Classic LT
    2004 Toyota Tacoma
    Schwinn Homegrown
    CouchSurfing
    Patriot Guard Riders

2. Likes oldno7 liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    I'm amazed at the image quality.

Blog Entries
    Hey I've been to all of those places! Anyway - looks like a huge improvement over the GoPro1. Hmm...I may need to get one now.
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

Hey man! That last panel at 2:40, where is that? Haven't seen that one yet. was it on the other side by the other parking lot? I would love to check it out, but I always park where you did in the beginning.

Cool video btw, nice job.
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

Nice vid A School admin I work with just got the GoPro 1 a couple of weeks ago and was offered to return it in exchange for the GoPro 2. He could either do that or they'd refund him a bit so he could get the LCD bacpac. I told him to go for the GoPro 2 and then get the LCD bacpac in a couple of months if he still wanted it.

He did, and I'm jealous.

Nice job! Extra credit for using vimeo! Oh and the Bogley sticker of course on a Toyota!

I really need to get one and start filming. Perhaps that's my New Years resolution.

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Great video. You just gave me an idea for what to do with my mom and sis while they are in town.
    Chere'

Quote Originally Posted by Deathcricket View Post
    Hey man! That last panel at 2:40, where is that? Haven't seen that one yet. was it on the other side by the other parking lot? I would love to check it out, but I always park where you did in the beginning.

Cool video btw, nice job.
    That panel is sorta on the way to Johnson arch it's off limits by the park but give me a pm and we could take you up to them!
    IF YOU WON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, PLEASE, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!!!

2008 V2K Classic LT
    2004 Toyota Tacoma
    Schwinn Homegrown
    CouchSurfing
    Patriot Guard Riders

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    I was wondering if that was close to Johnson's I recognized the arch from our hike in February. I have seen a few of the panels up above there on the Gila Trail. One in a crack with a really cool old gnarly tree.
    Chere'