Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for Real Time Advice on Running Behunin in the Morning

Damn, that rap is a B yo! We came loaded to the hilt expecting ice and snow. But it was pretty mellow and nice conditions. Brought 4 - 300 foot ropes in case of frozen stuck issues but just ended up showing that canyon who's boss, hehe. Never even put on wetsuits or even the warmer gear. Forgive the poor photography, this is more of a candid shot I guess. And yes canyon poles make excellent rope/pool retrieval tools, haha.

I would still love to see an unassisted descent on this if anyone has footage. Clearly this rap is still above my skill level.

Your safety is not my responsibility.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathcricket View Post
    Damn, that rap is a B yo! We came loaded to the hilt expecting ice and snow. But it was pretty mellow and nice conditions. Brought 4 - 300 foot ropes in case of frozen stuck issues but just ended up showing that canyon who's boss, hehe. Never even put on wetsuits or even the warmer gear. Forgive the poor photography, this is more of a candid shot I guess. And yes canyon poles make excellent rope/pool retrieval tools, haha.

I would still love to see an unassisted descent on this if anyone has footage. Clearly this rap is still above my skill level.
    Love those new helmets that look like a ball cap...

T

Quote Originally Posted by ratagonia View Post
    Love those new helmets that look like a ball cap...

T
    Yeah, Good thing his anchor didn't fail
    Tacoma Said - If Scott he asks you to go on a hike, ask careful questions like "Is it going to be on a trail?" "What are the chances it will kill me?" etc. Maybe "Will there be sack-biting ants along the way?"

Quote Originally Posted by DOSS View Post
    Yeah, Good thing his anchor didn't fail

You guys wear helmets? Never heard that one before. Doesn't that kind of limit the amount of people who can go on a trip? Plus, why would I want to mess my hair up.

You guys wear helmets? Never heard that one before. Doesn't that kind of limit the amount of people who can go on a trip? Plus, why would I want to mess my hair up.
    Helmet may have saved me some serious trouble just this week... I like the things.

Nope, it only limits the amount of people that don't think their head is worth $90. Never liked canyoneering with them kind of people anyhow.

Bah! I have been on 3 epic canyon trips now and in my expert opinion, they are not needed. Now quit pussifying this thread up ladies, be a man and post cool videos like me.

Bah! I have been on 3 epic canyon trips now and in my expert opinion, they are not needed. Now quit pussifying this thread up ladies, be a man and post cool videos like me.
    Where do you strap-on the GoPro if you don't wear the helmet?

T

Old trekking pole that I dont use anymore. Gets a better overhead 3rd person as I pwn the canyon.

And I can still save this thread by posting videos on topic. Woot!

Uh, well, not really.

There is a difference between MAKING a rappel difficult, and the rap being difficult on its own merits. The vid presents a case of the former.

the rap is not difficult, unless you make it so to avoid the waist-deep pool at the bottom.

Tom

Old trekking pole that I dont use anymore. Gets a better overhead 3rd person as I pwn the canyon.

And I can still save this thread by posting videos on topic. Woot!
    Awesome!

Nice looking rope there too, goes nicely with the helmet!

You just holding the pole in your hand?

T

You're right. It takes a REAL man to get a traumatic brain injury. Sorry for insulting your testosterone level. Have fun vomiting on your friends while they try to drag you to the hospital.

this is why you always wear a helmet... rope weighted a slab of rock, and it popped right off.

now surely, baseball sized chunk of rock from 35 feet wouldn't do any damage to deathcricket's noggin... but for the rest of us who like to rappel smoothly and not bounce off canyon walls like ping pong balls, hope that helmet never gets any use. but if/when it happens, i know i'll have a helmet on.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeyBiggs View Post
    this is why you always wear a helmet... rope weighted a slab of rock, and it popped right off.

now surely, baseball sized chunk of rock from 35 feet wouldn't do any damage to deathcricket's noggin... but for the rest of us who like to rappel smoothly and not bounce off canyon walls like ping pong balls, hope that helmet never gets any use. but if/when it happens, i know i'll have a helmet on.

Astounding photo and very effective persuasion--thanks Carpey

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeyBiggs View Post

When you get to my level with 3 canyons under your belt, I find I rap faster than a rock could fall. Now if you're a complete noob and rap slow, and never kick off the wall to work on your "shoulder slams", you might be wise to carry that extra gear. I just don't want it slowing me down when I pwn the canyon. Plus gotta maintain my perfect hairstyle when I hit the bottom for the ladies....

Plus we can all tell that is photoshopped. Anyone who is a pixel master can see it clearly.

Quote Originally Posted by ratagonia View Post
    You just holding the pole in your hand?

T
    No, it's duct taped to my ankle.