Thread: seeking wetsuit advice

unsuccessfully trying to delete post

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I really like this combination. I've used the Hyperflex 4/3 in all kinds of canyons, from Edge of the Earth (Neon) and Kaleidoscope (Choprock) to Pine Creek and Kolob (low-flow in September). I've also worn it in some chilly Pacific Northwest canyons with lots and lots of water. I bought a Neosport pullover hooded vest a while back, and finally decided that I needed it a week or so ago in a very cold, very flowing canyon that I did solo here in Vancouver. I wasn't sure that I would want to wear the hood, but ended up putting it on. Oh, was it nice! Loved it, as I sloshed under waterfalls and jumped in over my head a couple of times. It also toned down the roar of the water a bit, as the canyon was pretty darn loud... If you're not planning on strongly flowing canyons, though, the hood may be overkill.

I am fairly cold tolerant, so can probably handle colder water than most, using this combination, so naturally your mileage may vary. (Actually, I bought a 3/2 Hyperflex suit on Steep & Cheap back in the spring, and tried it on over my 4/3 the other day. It fit pretty well, and I only felt slightly Michelin-Man-y, so I think that will probably extend my canyon season here in BC by a little while...)

Oh, and yes - $135 for both sounds like a good deal to me!