Thread: Medieval Chamber Question

Medieval Chamber Question

I am a bit confused after reading a couple of different route descriptions for Medieval Chamber.

What is the length of the two raps along this route. I heard it described as both raps along the route being only a 100 feet each, and other descriptions requiring a 165' rope on rap 1 and a 197' rope for rap 2. Is the longer rope suggestions for doubling the rope or stating longer rap heights?

Thanks for any info. Going there in a couple of weeks.
    Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The route can be completed with ONE 60-meter rope....

This is why you get your beta from a trusted source....
    http://climb-utah.com/Moab/medieval1.htm

If you want to up the fun a bit, set the anchor like Shane has it on his site then toss your rope over the arch and have the group do the free hang off the arch. Have the last guy pull the rope back up and set it up down the wall inside of the arch. Makes the pull alot easier. Some simul the arch but that takes alot more rope(about 350). Please do not just drop a rope over both sides and pull your rope all the way up and over. It puts grooves in the arch. Met some guys the other day who screwed up the simul and one of the guys dropped about 20'. Luckily he wasn't hurt. The other guy touched down and let the rope play out thru his device.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    This is why you get your beta from a trusted source....
    http://climb-utah.com/...
    Might think about updating the beta for High Spur, in that case. 'May hold some water immediately after a storm' isn't a particularly accurate statement based on its recent conditions.
    "What's the weather gonna do?" is a question asked by ninnies. The answer is obvious; it'll do whatever it damn well pleases, whenever it damn well pleases. It doesn't care if you're tired or 20 miles from the nearest shelter or only wearing a T-shirt. It has better things to do. Storms to brew, winds to whirl, that sort of thing.

Please understand I write beta based on what is considered historically normal conditions. 2011 is anything but normal in Utah as it is the second wettest year on record. I would expect a lot of water in any slot I did in 2011, even those normally considered dry.

But thanks for the feedback, I have added the following statement to High Spur: The canyon has been known to contain swimming immediately after a storm or during wet periods.