Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: North Fork Robbers Roost with Don, Cody and Paul

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Bluejohn's Chicken sounds yummy! Love the pics Paul. The sunset shots are beautiful.
    Chere'

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Paul- great photos! Did you haul your SLR or ar those with a point and shoot?

Pual - excellent pictures.... as always.

Thanks guys. Yes, I carried a D90 in a waist pouch (see above pic) and stuff it in a dry bag in my pack for water, downclimbs or raps. Yeah it slows me down a bit and there is some risk to the camera. But I do a relatively low number of canyons per year and I highly value the pictures I take in them so it's a good trade off for me. YMMV.
    It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life. - Ten Bears, "The Outlaw Josie Wales"

Bluejohn's chicken. Good name. Cody and I are planning to make it at freezefest, but since I have some leftover camping micobrew I might have to practice this weekend...

Sent from my Google Android SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

You guys need to post all of your recipe's. Since FF last year I have been making your dutch oven donuts, but they have never been quite as good as they were on that cold morning in Tom's tent! Also great memories of Sandthrax striped bass for dinner...mmm.
    "I approach nature with a certain surly ill-will, daring Her to make trouble"

-Edward Abbey

You really did capture it with your photos Paul. It looks like an awesome canyon.

Great pics, from both Alison and Paul! Looks like a good time was had.

I missed the donuts at FF, but I sure did enjoy the rest of the dutch oven goodies! (Oh, and Lisa's cake - omnomnom) You guys do wonders!

Great pix. Love those cooking shots!
    Almost makes me forget its ski season: 7 inches of snow last night at Mammoth Mountain and lifts open Nov 10.

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by EvergreenDean View Post
    You guys need to post all of your recipe's. Since FF last year I have been making your dutch oven donuts, but they have never been quite as good as they were on that cold morning in Tom's tent! Also great memories of Sandthrax striped bass for dinner...mmm.
    Those donuts are good, but let's be honest; they'll never be as good as they were on a frozen morning in the desert with friends.