Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another Peak in Zion

I have to admit that another stimulus for wanting to complete my ascent to The East Temple was a trip I took in 2007 with Dave Nally up The West Temple. Sitting atop The West Temple brings into view a look at The East Temple that is sooooooooooooo enticing. This is a picture I took of The East Temple on that 2007 trip up The West Temple with dnally.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Bogley BigShot
    Quote Originally Posted by Bo_Beck View Post
    Tanya, I had attempted a route up the east side of the East Temple maybe 7-8 or so years back. Eric Brueck had given me information about a 5th class route that he had taken up probably 25 years ago. Mike Nad and I started out on our same "East Temple Saddle Route" that we published, and followed it to the east side. I picked out the route up and began, but after the first pitch the rain forced us off the rock. I swore that someday I'd go back and try again. Subsequently I had talked to Buzz about his several ascents up and decided that his route would be a more reasonable for my success. When Andy and I began up I felt very confident about our success. When I slipped and injured my shoulder it HURT, and I knew that it was a similar injury to the one that I had sustained while Kayaking the Narrows back in 2008. I was able to finish my trip through the Narrows (like I really had a choice) so I just decided that my shoulder was injured and realized that when we hit the harder sections if I just wasn't able to pull it off I could turn around and be "shut-down" once again or just keep pushing and give it a go. Several times I "knee-jerk" reacted on slight slips, and it put me down in a kneeling position wondering what the heck I was doing, but the pain subsided after just moments so I pushed on. I'm very glad that I did because now I don't have that monkey on my back any longer. After consultation with my orthopaedist, the tear is a complete tear to the supraspinatus tendon, with partial tears to the infraspinatus and bi-cep. He feels that the repairs that I'll undergo on Jan. 9th will be much simpler than the repairs I had done on my left rotator cuff after my Narrows accident. I should be back at adventuring in the spring of 2012 thanks to Mike A.

I am not sure if I should say you are crazy or tough! They might be a bit of the same thing.

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar
    but now i've got the monkey on my back

glad you knocked that one off the list

Bogley BigShot

Quote Originally Posted by trackrunner View Post
    but now i've got the monkey on my back

glad you knocked that one off the list
    Who knows? If recovery goes well, maybe in the spring 2012 I'd like to make another attempt at it. The route we chose was pretty straightforward, but I think there may be an even easier way?

Quote Originally Posted by tanya View Post
    I am not sure if I should say you are crazy or tough! They might be a bit of the same thing.
    You forgot the other possibilities: Stubborn or stupid?

Not too sure how you deducted that Andy isn't into peaks? If Andy were to be "into" posting about his adventures (many, many with CP and DB) I think you'd realize that Andy is "into" ANY adventure; peaks included!
    I say that because of numerous remarks he's made. As proof that I'm not crazy, I just received this today!

"I plan to spend the Thanksgiving weekend with you folks and to help DB usher in her 500th peak. That's about 499 more than I've done."

The route we chose was pretty straightforward, but I think there may be an even easier way?
    there's only one way to find out

Quote Originally Posted by SarahT View Post
    I say that because of numerous remarks he's made. As proof that I'm not crazy, I just received this today!

"I plan to spend the Thanksgiving weekend with you folks and to help DB usher in her 500th peak. That's about 499 more than I've done."
    He's a liar! Bo, DPR, & I were there when he summited MOS so it's something like 498 more!

next peak monkey for bo, great white throne

your welcome now get well soon

well...now it's my turn to type lefthanded! had surgery on my right shoulder (rotator cuff) on monday to fix a torn supraspinatus, etc. sleep is difficult. i thought that it had been arthroscopic until i just now took off the dressing, and see that i'll have matching scars on right and left shoulders now :] anyway..i've started my blend of therapy yesterday and can feel slight progress, but know it'll be slow to come. hoping to get all good to go by may or so with my fixed shoulders? cheers!

Hope you take some time off. Good luck with the recovery. I hear that Sierra Nevada Pale Ales really help with healing of the rotator cuff.
    IF YOU WON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, PLEASE, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!!!

2008 V2K Classic LT
    2004 Toyota Tacoma
    Schwinn Homegrown
    CouchSurfing
    Patriot Guard Riders

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Heal quick!

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
    Chere'

Hope you have quick recovery.

Win
    Quoting my best friend, Bob McNally, after a bad boating trip: "Nature scares me!"

Utah photos: www.winpics.fototime.com

both shoulders. I'll carry the ropes now

get well soon so you can run across Zion with me this April

Heal up quick Bo!