Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hogs difficulty, Hog 3 especially

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Excellent pics, Scanning thru them I saw my friend Jean and called her up to get more details. I'm jealous, wish I had the time off to make it over to Utah as often as you guys.
    Congrats on 13r's also. How long did it take? Jean told me it took her something like 13-14 yrs?

I think she did it in about six years - new record beating out Teresa Gergen.

Jeesh, small world.

peakbaggers - Hi! Good to hear from ya! Hope you two are doing well. Perhaps we could team up for some canyons next spring... if I can get my act together and manage to plan a trip more than 3 or 4 days in advance!

To make the slideshows I used a program called Jalbum. It used to be free but they now charge a small fee. I'm still using the old free version but will have to upgrade soon.

flatiron - Funny that you recognized the Jeanster... she seems to be quite the popular lady lately!

Thanks for the 13er congrats. They took me about 8 years to complete I think; I developed other interests near the end and got distracted. Teresa still holds the speed record at about 6 years I think. I am currently the youngest finisher (although that won't last too long).

Hi Sarah,
    Seen you on Summit Post & Lists of John as well. Had to read your thoughts about Peak L & the rest up above Slate Lake.
    Canyons in the spring? Yes - we'd like to meet up but have the same problem as you - too spontaneous in our planning. Nevertheless, keep us in mind. We like those Zion peaks too. Thanks for the album info.
    Below, I have posted the interview Ken Nolan did with Teresa G. on 14erWorld, in case you haven't seen it. Gives pretty exact timing on how long it took her. We thought it took her 10 years - guess we were wrong. Tough to keep up with someone like tha anyhow. They never stop to rest!

"This is a hard calculation to make. When a person intends to attempt a speed record, such as those who have set 14er speed records, that person has probably climbed some or all of the 14ers before. They announce a start time and we watch to see how long it takes them to finish. We don't count from the first time they ever climbed a 14er; we count the shortest amount of time that elapses during which they climb everything on the list. My first 14er was Quandary in 1999, but I happened to climb one 13er, Audubon, in 1996. However, I have since repeated Audubon, and, for that matter, almost all of the 14ers I climbed during my first 14er season. The first ranked peak over 13,000 ft that I climbed and that I have not repeated is Sheridan, which I climbed on 6/20/99. So, I can claim that I climbed all the 637 ranked peaks over 13,000 ft between 6/20/99 and 9/11/05, or slightly less than 6 years, 3 months."