Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anonymous Vows to Shut Down Fox News

Anonymous Vows to Shut Down Fox News

The full transcript reads:

[I]

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    Blah Blah Blah. We are legion. What a bunch of pre-teen asshats! (do I get cross-thread points for this word?)
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

Cool video! my guess is they will shut the Fox website down for a day or so, then release the username and pass of every single person with a Fox email. Then hundreds of people will go through fox emails looking for "evidence" and probably just find a bunch of racist garbage we know already exists.
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

I don't see why they think that shutting down one groups free speech is acceptable when they want theirs? we all know that Fox news is biased, just like every other news media and person in the world. I don't agree with a lot of the Fox news ideals but that doesn't mean that we should be ok with shutting them up just because we don't like their message..
    Tacoma Said - If Scott he asks you to go on a hike, ask careful questions like "Is it going to be on a trail?" "What are the chances it will kill me?" etc. Maybe "Will there be sack-biting ants along the way?"

Only pussies sign something Anonymously.
    IF she isn't happy no ones happy. If she isn't happy long enough you'll unhappy with half your stuff.
    http://childbikingutah.blogspot.com/

Interesting to put the date out there. I assume they already have a backdoor open and are calmly waiting to exploit it, otherwise it could result in a huge fail for them.

It was a little unclear what their target is.... Foxnews.com, Sean Hannity, Glenn Beck, Bill O'Reilly..... just some of those sites, all of those sites, one of those sites? What will they do with it? Why not take over the broadcasting channel? That would surely do more damage that way I would think. What about the radio broadcasts? Surely in the digital age it's possible to compromise these things.

And then what? Prove that Fox News is bias? OK. Good job. Nobody will ever watch them again.

Just curious what the actual goal is. Sounding a lot like the Occupy Wall Street protests.

"we will also engage in a propaganda campaign of our own to show them how it feels to be chastized." I'm all for shaking things up and all, but if they think there's no criticism / chastizement of Fox currently (It's the MOST criticized media source) then I really don't know what they expect to accomplish.

And if they don't shut it down - - - fail?

Yeah that was my thinking exactly. They announced a date only because they must have some way to get in and exploit it. Otherwise they would just do a surprise DOS attack I think.

The goal is pretty simple, they just want to cost FOX a lot of money in lost revinue, upgrading their system security, expose their private inner workings, leak sensitive data, and taking them down a notch. Sometimes with these attacks they hit paydirt, other times they get shafted and pretty much nothing happens. The thing that a lot of people miss is that Anonymous members rarely agree on targets and only people that do agree with "the mission" will participate in the attack. So it could be a strong or weak attack based on the community and who actually hates FOX, they are just calling out targets and a timeline. So for instance, if i was a hacker and had 1000 machines at my command, but I think FOX isn't really off the mark and the Occupy Wall street people are just a bunch of spoiled brats, I might not use my machines to participate in this one. By having everything a solely volunteer basis, and only voting with the machines at their disposal each member can flex their "voting rights" accordingly. No member is ever chastised or forced to participate in something they don't want too. Thus it is a completely anarchist society. Hopefully that makes sense?

But "shutting up free speech" really isn't anywhere on the agenda. It's more like "we are going to hit you where it hurts, the financials" type mission and members can participate as they agree or do not agree.

Our message is simple: Do not lie to the people and you won't have to worry about your lies being exposed.
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathcricket View Post
    Yeah that was my thinking exactly. They announced a date only because they must have some way to get in and exploit it. Otherwise they would just do a surprise DOS attack I think.

The goal is pretty simple, they just want to cost FOX a lot of money in lost revinue, upgrading their system security, expose their private inner workings, leak sensitive data, and taking them down a notch. Sometimes with these attacks they hit paydirt, other times they get shafted and pretty much nothing happens. The thing that a lot of people miss is that Anonymous members rarely agree on targets and only people that do agree with "the mission" will participate in the attack. So it could be a strong or weak attack based on the community and who actually hates FOX, they are just calling out targets and a timeline. So for instance, if i was a hacker and had 1000 machines at my command, but I think FOX isn't really off the mark and the Occupy Wall street people are just a bunch of spoiled brats, I might not use my machines to participate in this one. By having everything a solely volunteer basis, and only voting with the machines at their disposal each member can flex their "voting rights" accordingly. No member is ever chastised or forced to participate in something they don't want too. Thus it is a completely anarchist society. Hopefully that makes sense?

But "shutting up free speech" really isn't anywhere on the agenda. It's more like "we are going to hit you where it hurts, the financials" type mission and members can participate as they agree or do not agree.
    I could understand if they are trying to just hit them in the financials.. but in their initial statement their reasoning is that "Fox News is now the target of Anonymous because of their continued propaganda against the Occupations"..."their continued right-wing conservative propaganda can no longer be tolerated." that propaganda is fox's free speech element..
    Tacoma Said - If Scott he asks you to go on a hike, ask careful questions like "Is it going to be on a trail?" "What are the chances it will kill me?" etc. Maybe "Will there be sack-biting ants along the way?"

Though nothing would make me happier to see Fox News get theirs, attacking Fox News is not the answer.

This quote from the late Steve Jobs I found to be interesting and on point:

"The axis today is not liberal and conservative, the axis is conservative-destructive, and you've cast your lot with the destructive people. Fox News has become an incredibly destructive force force in our society. Fox-You can be better, and this is going to be your legacy if you're not careful." -Steve Jobs

"The axis today is not liberal and conservative, the axis is conservative-destructive, and you've cast your lot with the destructive people. Fox News has become an incredibly destructive force force in our society. Fox-You can be better, and this is going to be your legacy if you're not careful." -Steve Jobs
    So wait, Pelosi is now conservative and the people formerly known as conservatives are now destructive.... brilliant, Mr. Jobs. I don't know the context of this statement but out of context this is a pretty stupid and short sighted comment. The more I know about Mr. Jobs, the less I like. I liked him better when he was just the face of Apple and gave good graduations speeches.
    Life is Good

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Card View Post
    So wait, Pelosi is now conservative and the people formerly known as conservatives are now destructive.... brilliant, Mr. Jobs. I don't know the context of this statement but out of context this is a pretty stupid and short sighted comment. The more I know about Mr. Jobs, the less I like. I liked him better when he was just the face of Apple and gave good graduations speeches.
    If Fox News reported the truth, then they would have some ground to stand on. But they don't.

I see nothing in this quote which suggests anything, but how Fox News has operated. They made the bed, they need to lie in it.

I think the thing you are mad at Scott, is I am guessing that you are a true conservative, and the parties in the GOP at hand are not, but claim to be. I suggest you look at Ron Paul, he is really the only conservative in the GOP race. All the rest of them lie, and will make government bigger, despite their claims of being conservatives. The experts in Taxes and Fiscal management have shown that every candidates plan, save Ron Paul, will increase the size and scope of government and raise taxes. This is something you will not hear on Fox News. They are more concerned with Birth Certificates and Hannitizing the nation.

I would say they have already made their legacy.

Sounds like I better run for President. I can promise you one thing, if I were president, things would change with the Zion Permit System!!!!

My post was more a reflection of Steve Jobs and his nutty statement of his "axis". For the record, I rarely if ever watch Fox News. In fact I can't remember watching it for over a year now. I rarely if ever watch any news. I prefer ESPN and the Food Network to news. Heck, I'll watch Spongebob with my kids before I watch the news.
    Life is Good

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Card View Post
    Sounds like I better run for President.
    I would vote for ya!

But you have to ask yourself would you even want the job? Seems like it would be hard to get away in that line of work.

It would stink. I'd have to train the secret service to canyoneer. Then I'd exceed the group size in Zion and get a ticket......
    Life is Good

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...5-2011/108554/

Unless I'm reading this wrong, Fox News seems to be very popular...

Quote Originally Posted by Sandstone Addiction View Post
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...5-2011/108554/

Fox News is the toilet bowl in a bathroom of corporate controlled media.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandstone Addiction View Post
    Being very popular does not always mean you're up to something good.

Quote Originally Posted by ibenick View Post
    Being very popular does not always mean you're up to something good.

^^^Agreed

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Nebz View Post
    I suggest you look at Ron Paul, he is really the only conservative in the GOP race. All the rest of them lie, and will make government bigger, despite their claims of being conservatives.
    Ron Paul is not some moral conservative, he is a libertarian. Big difference.

the political spectrum is not just a liberal - conservative line but also has a authoritarian - libertarian line. best to think of it like a diamond. liberal on the left, conservative on the top, authoritarian on the top, libertarian on the bottom.

Ron Paul would fit on the conservative side of the libertarian line. a former university professor of mine who was a drug user & enjoys the company of prostitutes & hated corporations/government would fit on the liberal side of libertarianism. Rick Santorum (< - please click the link for SEO purposes) & Michele Bachmann are moral conservatives and would fit on the authoritarian conservative side.

Quote Originally Posted by trackrunner View Post
    Ron Paul is not some moral conservative, he is a libertarian. Big difference.

the political spectrum is not just a liberal - conservative line but also has a authoritarian - libertarian line. best to think of it like a diamond. liberal on the left, conservative on the top, authoritarian on the top, libertarian on the bottom.

Ron Paul would fit on the conservative side of the libertarian line. a former university professor of mine who was a drug user & enjoys the company of prostitutes & hated corporations/government would fit on the liberal side of libertarianism. Rick Santorum (< - please click the link for SEO purposes) & Michele Bachmann are moral conservatives and would fit on the authoritarian conservative side.
    I was not saying he was a moral conservative, I was referring to him as a true fiscal conservative. Meaning, as I posted previously, he would reduce the size of our government according to the plan he introduced last week, while all the other candidates would increase government and taxes would go up. This has been verified by several independent sources about the other candidates, including Rick Santorum. I was suggesting that the Republican base better look at Ron Paul, or they are going to end up with more of the same. Plus he would beat Obama in the election, people are just that pissed off right now. If it is Mitt the Twit or Rick the Dick for the GOP, since they are on the corporate payroll, Obama will win by a landslide.