Thread: GPS coordinates

GPS coordinates

Okay, so this isn't really a geocaching question, per se, but really a "how to use my gps" question. I have a Garmin Etrex Legend C handheld on which I've marked a bunch of different landmarks, such as lakes, campsites, etc. Well, here I am in Salt Lake Valley. How do I look up some of those coordinates in other parts of the state from my yard in Salt Lake County?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Use the Go To feature, select that item and it will put it on your map and give you a line to follow.. Then use the pan map feature (if it didn't already focus on that item) and pan the map until you are there.
    Tacoma Said - If Scott he asks you to go on a hike, ask careful questions like "Is it going to be on a trail?" "What are the chances it will kill me?" etc. Maybe "Will there be sack-biting ants along the way?"

Thanks. I'll give that a try later when I'm home. It seems like I tried to do that once before and it showed me a list, but only of the things I've marked that are within 50 miles or so of my current location. But I can't remember for sure, so I'll give it a try later on.