Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GoPro HD Hero2

So do you think it's maybe fog in the case? I've noticed these anti fog inserts you can get just in case:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...SIN=B004CYIA3O

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    So do you think it's maybe fog in the case? I've noticed these anti fog inserts you can get just in case:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...SIN=B004CYIA3O
    I don't think so, there was no condensation in the case. I did some more testing this weekend and thought I captured some good video in the cold. Even after the firmware update and using the work-around (powering on the camera, waiting 2 minutes, then turning off and then back on) it recorded plain white video and took plain white pics. I was surprised and frustrated that the work around didn't work.
    Maybe it was too cold? Now that the camera is warmed up again, things seem to be normal.

Does the original Hero have a dislike of cold conditions? Perhaps the sensor in the Hero 2 is more susceptible ???

Not sure about the GoPro 2, but the first Hero filmed just fine in the snow, in fact it filmed all day long on the same battery for me in every situation.

Not sure about the GoPro 2, but the first Hero filmed just fine in the snow, in fact it filmed all day long on the same battery for me in every situation.
    Hmm, I wonder if the Hero2 has a different color sensor than the Hero1 ?

If so, I guess it could be more sensitive to the cold than the Hero1 (this is pure speculation on my part).

I have used the Hero2 in the cold/snow and sometimes it works fine. I am guessing that in those cases, it was already warmed-up from prior filming.

I did a test the other night where I left it out on my balcony for a while (maybe 30 minutes ?) then brought it back in and perfomed the "work-around" then turned it back on and did a test video inside. It did not work properly (another pure white film).

My guess is that the work-around was not adequate to warm the camera up and maybe if I left it on longer the film would have turned out OK? I am going to try this again later and try to pre-warm the camera by putting it in an interior pocket or something, perhaps leave it on longer than the recomended 2 minutes..

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeyBiggs View Post
    no. you can't change the playback rate without a program that can edit video. WMP only plays video files, it doesn't edit them.

the one frame per 1/2 second is for timelapse, not for slow motion. timelapse speeds up video, slow motion slows it down.

What software do you recommend?

I have heard a tiny bit about Quick-time Pro, and not anything on any other software.

VLC media player plays the files, but doesn't edit them (as far as I can tell).

Thanks..

Quote Originally Posted by deagol View Post
    What software do you recommend?

I have heard a tiny bit about Quick-time Pro, and not anything on any other software.

VLC media player plays the files, but doesn't edit them (as far as I can tell).

Thanks..

If you've got Windows 7, go with Windows Live Movie Maker. Besides being free, it's hands down the easiest editor I've used. It can slow your footage down to a custom speed, and can produce in any framerate you specify. Mine are now all 60fps since about March when I woke up and went with the 720 mode

http://explore.live.com/windows-live-movie-maker

I don't claim to be the videographer that Dan is, but I do produce my fair share of GoPro videos during the year, all edited with WLMM. I suggest it to anybody who's getting started, and I haven't found myself wanting anything this couldn't offer.

If you've got Windows 7, go with Windows Live Movie Maker. Besides being free, it's hands down the easiest editor I've used. It can slow your footage down to a custom speed, and can produce in any framerate you specify. Mine are now all 60fps since about March when I woke up and went with the 720 mode
    Thanks for the reply. I have Windows Vista and not Windows 7, but there is a movie maker with Vista that woks pretty well. I am not sure if it is the same as the one on Windows 7, but I will look into it. I have actually used the Vista version of the Movie Maker and liked it but did not see anyway in it to slow the footage down (this may be because I simply have not played with it enough ??).

I was able to watch your vids and they are nice. You were able to surf just off the wake of the boat once you got started and didn't need a rope- sweet! Did you use the software to slow any of that footage on any of your vids down?

Quote Originally Posted by deagol View Post
    Did you use the software to slow any of that footage on any of your vids down?
    Yes, Windows Live Movie Maker in Windows 7 can do this. In Vista, I'm not sure but open up Movie Maker and check for updates, this may be an option in the updated version now.

Yes, Windows Live Movie Maker in Windows 7 can do this. In Vista, I'm not sure but open up Movie Maker and check for updates, this may be an option in the updated version now.
    I will check it out tonight and see if I can find that feature or update the software. Hope it works.

I was able to download Windows Movie Maker Live for Vista just now and am playing with it.

I've got a chance to pick up a new Hero 2 for $239. Is that a decent deal?

what kit? yes, that's a great deal.

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeyBiggs View Post
    what kit? yes, that's a great deal.
    It's the outdoor kit. I've got a 20% off coupon to a place that has it for $299 with free shipping.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Deadeye008 View Post
    It's the outdoor kit. I've got a 20% off coupon to a place that has it for $299 with free shipping.

Link and coupon code????!!!!

Yeah that's a great deal. I know some people who are buying with those coupons locally and flipping them online for over $300

Quote Originally Posted by bigred72 View Post
    Link and coupon code????!!!!
    The website is www.outdoorplay.com coupon code is EM20

The website is www.outdoorplay.com coupon code is EM20
    I had bought an original for $208 on Amazon last month. Now I'm returning it (still packaged for under-tree presentation). Bought this one for $239 instead. Thanks, Deadeye008 for the pointer! They're backordered, expecting more Dec 30, so it won't be under the tree, but I'm pretty thrilled about that kind of deal on the Hero2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CK2JhLR5q8Q

More GP2 video.

This little trip cost him another camera as he had a disagreement with a cliff!

Hmmm, why dont my videos show a thumbnail?

Quote Originally Posted by JONBOYLEMON View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CK2JhLR5q8Q

More GP2 video.

This little trip cost him another camera as he had a disagreement with a cliff!

Hmmm, why dont my videos show a thumbnail?
    Paste the url in the video tags by hitting the button, like so

Thanks. Thats a pretty easy way that I never even noticed all those options up there.....

That was really cool !!!

That video footage from the remote controlled plane gave me an idea. This would be a cheap and quick way to scout out areas before going into them. For example, if you were scouting a new canyon that was unfamiliar to you, you could send the RC plane to take a look, then upload the footage to a laptop and see what you are getting into before you go. Maybe this would take out to much adventure? I'm not sure, but it does have potential...