Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GoPro HD Hero2

GoPro HD Hero2

Wow, 120 frames per second now

11MP 10 photos per second

Looks like it will be close to the same price as the original HD Hero, $299.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...SIN=B005WY3TMA

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Glad I haven't bought one yet. Maybe Santa will bring one for x-mas.
    Chere'

I notice they still don't have a headboard mount available.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    -Announces Wi-Fi Remote Control and Video Streaming
    Yowza. Is there any question why these guys have the best helmet camera around?

Now they can drop the original to $50 so I can buy it :)

This is what I like:

<li id="yui_3_3_0_1_1319955876808393"> Long Range Remote Control of up to 50 GoPro Cameras per Wifi Remote

<li id="yui_3_3_0_1_1319955876808398"> Wi-Fi Video/Photo Preview, Playback and Control via GoPro App

Oh dang, I just noticed the 120 FPS is only on the WVGA mode.

But the WiFi remote.... WOW

Quote Originally Posted by Kent K25 View Post
    Now they can drop the original to $50 so I can buy it :)
    They dropped it $60 . Now $239 for the helmet hero.

$209 at Amazon. I'm thisclose to springing into purchase mode...

Santa.... I just know this is going to be under the Christmas tree.
    Chere'

GoPro is throwing an "I Love my GoPro" contest for the next 10 days. Win a bunch of GoPro Stuff plus $2500!!!
    https://apps.facebook.com/i-love-my-...ontests/162075

"I Love My GoPro" Contest

Enter

Contest Details
    GoPro fans love their GoPros, and we love our fans! To celebrate all of our awesome fans we’re awarding 20 kickass prizes. All you need to do to win is show us some love.

GRAND PRIZE – Two winners will each receive a a $2500 (USD) GoPro Sponsorship* + an “Everything We Make” Prize Package.

*What is an “I Love My GoPro” Prize Sponsorship? It’s a cash prize that we hope will enable or encourage you to get out there and shoot more rad GoPro content – because we want to see more from you!

RUNNER UP PRIZE – 18 winners will each receive a an “Everything We Make” Prize Package. And yes, this includes our brand new, 2X more awesome, HD HERO2.

THERE ARE TWO WAYS TO WIN:

1. Submit a photograph taken by you with a GoPro camera. We want to see that epic moment, the photo that you showed all your friends, that photo you could only get using a GoPro camera. No screen grabs, please. Photo must be captioned “I Love My GoPro!”

You may submit up to 5 photos total.

2. Submit a photo, scan or PDF of a creative work (drawing, collage, sculpture etc.) that demonstrates what is unique, inspiring, and/or awesome about GoPro’s products, fans, or the images they produce. Your creative work must depict a GoPro camera in some way, and be 100% original, created by you. Work must be captioned “I Love My GoPro!”

You may submit up to 5 creative entries total.

GoPro fans will vote and choose the top 50 entries (25 from each category) to advance to the finalist round. GoPro will select the winners from the finalists – one Grand Prize and 9 Runner Up winners will be awarded for each category.

Contest Starts November 01, 2011 @ 10:00 am (PDT) Contest Ends November 10, 2011 @ 12:00 pm (PST) Need more Details? Read the Official Rules About the Company GoPro makes it easy to take 11MP photos & full HD video during your favorite sports & activities.

So I was just on the GoPro site and I noticed that in order for the Hero 2 to be Wi-Fi capable you have to buy the Wi-Fi Bac Pac which isn't available until Feb of 2012... Kind of lame if you ask me. The way they are advertising it it sounds like the Wi-Fi is built into the Hero 2. It says the Wi-Fi Bac Pac will work with the original Hero but live video streaming will not be possible.

just got the new HERO2 today. first impressions - huge upgrade. LCD is so much better, don't even need the instruction manual. has rubber buttons now, much better. red recording light is on 4 sides. much better. and the lens seems greatly improved.

i'll shoot some with it this afternoon and see what it can do. so far, i'm stoked.

Very nice! Can't wait to see what you do with it.
    Chere'

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeyBiggs View Post
    just got the new HERO2 today. first impressions - huge upgrade. LCD is so much better, don't even need the instruction manual. has rubber buttons now, much better. red recording light is on 4 sides. much better. and the lens seems greatly improved.

i'll shoot some with it this afternoon and see what it can do. so far, i'm stoked.
    I got one also. I took it out today and messed around with it. I am not very advanced with this kind of stuff. I found that I had to download 2 programs to allow Windows Media Player to play the MPEG4 files that the Gopro creates. I did not mess around with the time lapse mode- is that how you create the slow motion effect?

Quote Originally Posted by deagol View Post
    I got one also. I took it out today and messed around with it. I am not very advanced with this kind of stuff. I found that I had to download 2 programs to allow Windows Media Player to play the MPEG4 files that the Gopro creates. I did not mess around with the time lapse mode- is that how you create the slow motion effect?
    what version of windows do you have? they should play just fine... weird.

slow motion is done by shooting at a high frame rate, then slowing it back to 30fps in editing.

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeyBiggs View Post
    what version of windows do you have? they should play just fine... weird.

slow motion is done by shooting at a high frame rate, then slowing it back to 30fps in editing.
    Thanks for your reply
    I have Windows Vista.
    I read in the manual that they recommend a "class 10" memory card for shooting at one frame per half second. The card I have is a class 6.

When you say "play back t0 30 fps in editing", do you mean in Media player?
    When playing these specific files in media player, the ability to change playback speed is not available.

Anyway, thanks for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by deagol View Post
    I had to download 2 programs to allow Windows Media Player to play the MPEG4 files that the Gopro creates.
    Get VLC Media Player. It's plays everything!