Thread: Looking for Photographer

Looking for Photographer

My company is looking for a photographer to photograph attendees at an upcoming tradeshow in March. Our thought is since this tradeshow will be in Slat Lake City and we are one of only two companies based here, we want to do something cool. My thought is to set up a large photo booth in the lobby (which we would pay dearly for the right to do this), have an actual ski-lift chair on which the attendees can sit and have a snow covered ski resort canvas backdrop. So, the photo would make it appear the attendees were actually photographed on a chairlift. I know, kinda cheesy, but most of the attendees will be coming from back east (this is a huge tradeshow) and have never seen anything like our mountains. I think they would love their photo and, of course, we would imprint our logo in the bottom corner or something. Does anybody know of a local photographer that could pull this off? We could even have a couple of scenes to choose from, like maybe a big, fake boulder they could put their foot on, with a vast top-of-the-mountain vista as the backdrop. This would be 'get 'em in, kick 'em out' stuff. Anybody?
    Are we there yet?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

You are talking Old School.

Now days they just shoot in front of a green screen and you can put the backgound and pictures of your choice into the photographs. A football team I coached had these done by a local company a few years ago. I'll see if I can dig up their info if you re interested.

Name:  Coach04..JPG
Views: 161
Size:  59.9 KB

Name:  Coach03..JPG
Views: 160
Size:  57.7 KB

Blog Entries
    I have a friend who might be interested. He's done maybe 7 or so weddings plus handfuls of portrait/portfolio shoots. He's probably cheaper than most people as he is trying to build up his portfolio.
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    You are talking Old School.
    Name:  Coach03..JPG
Views: 160
Size:  57.7 KB
    Wait, when did girls start playing football?

Quote Originally Posted by homerj View Post
    Wait, when did girls start playing football?

Think of us as the Bad News Bears... Best corner in the league, and the only girl in the league. You take speed where ever you can find it.