Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bogleyfest Nov 10-13 (North Wash Area) REVITALISED

Is there room for one more and, if so, can i delay committing until 11/8 or so? Right now I'm not sure if i can make it. I will bring hard-to-find excellent beer if i can make it.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by kokopelli99 View Post
    Is there room for one more and, if so, can i delay committing until 11/8 or so? Right now I'm not sure if i can make it. I will bring hard-to-find excellent beer if i can make it.
    There is nothing official about these Bogley-fests.... you just show up and you are in.

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CarpeyBiggs View Post
    i would think 50s during the day, 20s at night would be on the cold side. it could easily be upper 60s in the day, above freezing at night. pretty variable this time of year though.

some might want a wetsuit if trail, maidenwaters, or trachyotomy get done. but only woody and maidenwaters are probably "bogley-fest" friendly....
    Morocco and Merry Piglets can also involve swims. Also Foolin' Around.

Wetsuits help provide more options.

Tom

My busy schedule (aka flights, jet lag, car hire, driving distances etc) looks like I won't be able to get to the Sandthrax campground before the afternoon of the 10th.

I look forward to meeting old friends & making new ones.

Rob

Deliberation concluded; This sounds way too good to pass up. I'll be swinging down Friday night, hopefully leaving SLC by 4. If anyone is interested in a carpool, lemme know. Looking forward to meeting y'all.

Tim

We look forward to meeting you; are you happy knowing where to meet up?

Rob

Yup! Been down to Sandthrax a couple of times. If I've got it right, I'll find you guys closer to the first entrance (coming from the North), correct?

I should be able to make Friday-Saturday.

Weather looks pretty good, but perhaps a slight chance of rain Saturday:

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...&FcstType=text
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Quote Originally Posted by plutacratic77 View Post
    Yup! Been down to Sandthrax a couple of times. If I've got it right, I'll find you guys closer to the first entrance (coming from the North), correct?
    Affirm.

I haven't been searching the forums for a while and read this. I'm hoping to come down and do some canyons around High Spur on Saturday. Hope to run into some of you.

After checking with work and hearing from the other guy I was going to meet (who canceled), I'll now be there Nov 9-13. At least, I'm planning on being there the night of the 9th. Is anyone planning on doing a canyon on the 10th, or is everyone just arriving on the 10th like what happened with the Robbers Roost Bogley Fest?

Cody and I had previously planned a camping and hiking trip for Veterans Day with a bunch of guys we went to Iraq with, so we’ll be in Moab this weekend and might even pull off a technical route or two, depending on the interest of the other guys. But man, looking over the list of attendees for this Bogley-fest really makes me wish I could make it there too. I’m looking forward to reading trip reports and seeing photos of the alcohol-related tomfoolery! (Or other people’s-foolery!)

Looks like I'll be down there this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Audilard View Post
    I haven't been searching the forums for a while and read this. I'm hoping to come down and do some canyons around High Spur on Saturday. Hope to run into some of you.
    we'll be in north wash. a little far from high spur. be great to cross paths though.

My plan is now to arrive late on Thursday evening, probably 11ish or so. I'll have 6 or 7 people in my group.

Friday we will be doing Morocco. It's an easy canyon, very short approach, with a handful of rappels. It will be an excellent canyon for those who have never done a canyon before. We'll probably build a few anchors in there, and generally take it pretty slow. It will be cold and probably wet in there, so be prepared. At least one deep wade is my guess.

Other canyons I'm interested in doing are anything in poison springs, and hogs 1, 2, or 4.

Looking forward to meeting new faces. Looks like there will be a huge crowd! Bring firewood!

I'm going and will be leaving SLC Friday morning and a not too late start getting back on Sunday. No real agenda other than getting in a canyon or two, meeting some new people, taking some photos, maybe get a run in. Possibly will have a friend coming along. Other than that I haven't met any of you or maybe I have but have never put handles to names.
    It's your fault, you shouldn't have been there!

Quote Originally Posted by blueshade View Post
    After checking with work and hearing from the other guy I was going to meet (who canceled), I'll now be there Nov 9-13. At least, I'm planning on being there the night of the 9th. Is anyone planning on doing a canyon on the 10th, or is everyone just arriving on the 10th like what happened with the Robbers Roost Bogley Fest?
    Adam, I believe you misunderstood my email yesterday. I am not cancelling. I am a solid maybe, and a "probably" at this point. Just won't get there Thursday. I had a small group of friends that wanted to hit the Swell instead but as of yesterday it appears they are cancelling the trip. Look for me Friday night for sure and lets try for canyons Saturday. As stated, you can't go wrong hooking up with CarpeyBiggs on Friday if they have room for you. You would love the hog canyons for sure.

Adam is relatively unknown but I will vouch for him. Good skills for a noob. Natural climber, good asset in canyons, non-offensive. He was a BIG help in Chambers for me a few weeks ago.
    "I approach nature with a certain surly ill-will, daring Her to make trouble"

-Edward Abbey

Quote Originally Posted by EvergreenDean View Post
    Adam, I believe you misunderstood my email yesterday. I am not cancelling. I am a solid maybe, and a "probably" at this point. Just won't get there Thursday. I had a small group of friends that wanted to hit the Swell instead but as of yesterday it appears they are cancelling the trip. Look for me Friday night for sure and lets try for canyons Saturday. As stated, you can't go wrong hooking up with CarpeyBiggs on Friday if they have room for you. You would love the hog canyons for sure.

Adam is relatively unknown but I will vouch for him. Good skills for a noob. Natural climber, good asset in canyons, non-offensive. He was a BIG help in Chambers for me a few weeks ago.
    Dean, actually I was referring to a guy from SLC that I was going to meet Nov 9-10. I'm still planning on being there tonight (Nov 9)- find my red car (CO plates) if anyone else will, too. Otherwise will solo a moderate canyon and be back at camp the night of Nov 10.

I've only been thru 6 canyons and am wondering whether a 3mm vest will provide enough insulation if deep wading is required? Karl

Quote Originally Posted by kokopelli99 View Post
    am wondering whether a 3mm vest will provide enough insulation if deep wading is required?
    NO!

Wet canyons will require at least a 3mm full wet suit.

Now for the dry canyons, which might contain water..... I don't carry a wetsuit. I just strip down to my shorts, dry bag my cloths and rush through the water if there is any. On the far side of the water I get dressed and continue on.... I always wear quick dry clothes and never cotton (death cloth).

Your milage may vary....