Thread: Things to do in Park City

Things to do in Park City

I won't be taking the mountain bikes unfortunately, and it's not ski season yet, so what do you guys like to do and see up in Park City?

I'd like to hit the Alpine Slides if they're still open. How about the Olympic Park? I've heard that's cool to go visit.

Any ideas?

Thanks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar
    the olympic park has an alpine slide and two different zip lines. on from the top of the ski jump hill to the bottom.

Blog Entries
    Don't forgot the Homestead Crater in Midway (like 10miles south of PC). Warm water scuba or swimming for cheap.
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

Ride the lifts and do some hiking! I hear there are some good places to eat and drink too!

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    Homestead hot pots and the brew pubs / eating places. Drive Guardsmans before its snowed over.

Sent from my ThinkPad Tablet using Tapatalk
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

I was up there last weekend and unfortunately the alpine slide and zip lines are closed for the season.

The Homestead Crated is pretty cool tho. Thats where i got my scuba ceritfication.

Ive heard the Heber Valley Railroad has a haunted train ride. I haven't done it but may be worth looking into.
    "Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves."
    -John Muir

Quote Originally Posted by Rau_Dawg33 View Post
    I was up there last weekend and unfortunately the alpine slide and zip lines are closed for the season.
    Dang, I've been trying to ride those things for years. Thanks for the info though.

So the Homestead Crater, do you need to be scuba certified to dive there?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    So the Homestead Crater, do you need to be scuba certified to dive there?
    No. I think it costs maybe $5/person for a 1hr or 2hr soak. But really, that's plenty long.
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

Cool, Homestead Crater looks awesome. I thought about the scuba package for $100.... but what is defined as a "soak"? Do they have a sitting area there, so not fully submerged?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    Cool, Homestead Crater looks awesome. I thought about the scuba package for $100.... but what is defined as a "soak"? Do they have a sitting area there, so not fully submerged?
    Soak=swimming. However there are benches you can sit on that they have suspended in the water.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

Shop/walk the old main street. There is a really cool old museum where the old jail was. It's really cool.

There used to be a cool mine tour that I took when I was a kid. I think they shut that down though
    The man thong is wrong.

Thanks for the ideas. It turns out the Alpine Slides are closed, but the coaster and zip line are still open We're still deciding about Homestead Crater, I'd love to check it out though.