Thread: north wash/roost area

north wash/roost area

anyone going to be out here thanksgiving weekend ? me n a friend want to do full south fork robbers roost but i don't see it happening w/out 2 vehicles able to drive the roads. and on that note anyone who's done the full sfrr, could a typical front wheel drive passenger vehicle make it out to the head ? barring a sfrr backpack i'm thinking no kidding, shenanigans, gdj/hdh, ????. more company welcomed.
    signature

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Who goes canyoneering on a Holiday weekend like Thanksgiving? Aren't you too stuffed to move? It looks like a few folks will be in the North Wash area Nov 10-13. Everybody's welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by remoteman45 View Post
    Who goes canyoneering on a Holiday weekend like Thanksgiving?
    people who hope they see fewer people. like me !

Aren't you too stuffed to move?
    naw. i'll have moved that meal by the time i hit red dirt.

It looks like a few folks will be in the North Wash area Nov 10-13. Everybody's welcome.
    and as much as i am really uncomfortable w/ obscenely large groups on public lands, the fireside socializing can be fun and i would like to meet some of teh people from this board, but this is when i got my pto. and my sons school production of "big river" opens the 10th and no way will i miss it !
    signature

Who goes canyoneering on a Holiday weekend like Thanksgiving? Aren't you too stuffed to move? It looks like a few folks will be in the North Wash area Nov 10-13. Everybody's welcome.
    My favorite thing to do for Thanksgiving is to go camping and...! IMHO there is nothing better than a "non-traditional" Thanksgiving on the camp stove! In recent memory, I did my first canyoneering trip (2005) in Zion which also involved some climbing in Zion and Snow Canyon, a climbing trip to Red Rock Canyon, and a backpacking trip to Havasu Falls all over Thanksgiving. Each one involved turkey, cranberry, stuffing, etc. in a much better setting than my dining room . Lots of people at the camp grounds, which typically leads to communal dinners.

Quote Originally Posted by goofball View Post
    anyone going to be out here thanksgiving weekend ? me n a friend want to do full south fork robbers roost but i don't see it happening w/out 2 vehicles able to drive the roads. and on that note anyone who's done the full sfrr, could a typical front wheel drive passenger vehicle make it out to the head ? barring a sfrr backpack i'm thinking no kidding, shenanigans, gdj/hdh, ????. more company welcomed.
    Carrie and I will be in the North Wash Friday afternoon celebrating my 30th birthday and plan to do a canyon on Saturday and then a short one on Sunday before heading back to Salt Lake. We originally were going to be out there longer, but plans/circumstances have changed. This will be our first trip to that area, so not going to push it with the level of canyon that we do. Probably East Lep on Saturday and then Lucky Charms for a quickie on Sunday...or depending on if we get through East Lep faster than we expect, maybe something a bit longer than Lucky Charms. Happy to have anyone who want to come along join in, but worst case maybe we will see you around camp? Look for the Silver Jeep Cherokee with the rocket box and Alta stickers.

Quote Originally Posted by skiclimb3287 View Post
    Carrie and I will be in the North Wash Friday afternoon celebrating my 30th birthday and plan to do a canyon on Saturday and then a short one on Sunday before heading back to Salt Lake. We originally were going to be out there longer, but plans/circumstances have changed. This will be our first trip to that area, so not going to push it with the level of canyon that we do. Probably East Lep on Saturday and then Lucky Charms for a quickie on Sunday...or depending on if we get through East Lep faster than we expect, maybe something a bit longer than Lucky Charms. Happy to have anyone who want to come along join in, but worst case maybe we will see you around camp? Look for the Silver Jeep Cherokee with the rocket box and Alta stickers.
    if we wind up camping at the leper colony i'll find ya. and happy early birthday !
    signature

My friend and I may be up for a Thanksgiving weekend run through that area. I've been wanting to try shenanigans.

Quote Originally Posted by shae View Post
    My friend and I may be up for a Thanksgiving weekend run through that area. I've been wanting to try shenanigans.
    if you do make it out keep in touch. shenanigans has been on my hit list for a long time.
    signature

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shae View Post
    Try? There is no Try. There is only DO or DIE.

T

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    And a reminder that the Mini-Slot Guide is here:

http://www.math.utah.edu/~sfolias/minislot/

Tom

peshliki fork anyone ? going to scout slot approaches at least. head in to a base camp 11.25, 27 & 28 scout ( go ? ), 29 out. in and out from ticaboo shelf spring. awesome scenery expected no matter what else.
    signature

damn. that peshliki fork is super tempting.