Thread: White Rock from Perry Canyon

White Rock from Perry Canyon

Used to be an out and back, now it is a loop. Unable to punch the trail from White Rock south to Willard because of private land issues, the White Rock trail now loops north and intersects the Perry Canyon trail. There is 0.2 miles that is obvious and rideable but still needs to be dug into a flat trail as of October, 2011.

This is almost exactly a 10 mile lollipop loop of 100% singletrack. Narrow singletrack with a year's supply of switchbacks. While not as steep as Perry Canyon up to Grizzly peak, it is still a stiff climb. Riding the loop counter-clockwise is ever so less steep than the other way round.

Start at the bottom of Perry Canyon as if you were actually planning on climbing all the way to Grizzly Peak, but take a right under the tree limb that has White Rock and an arrow painted on it (1.4 miles from parking).

Brigham City

Attached Files Attached Files
    Gene

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Cool, thanks for the report. I've meant to meet up with some family that lives up there to ride this trail all year, it's getting away from me. Hopefully I can find time to ride it before the snow.

Is the white rock the top of the trail or can it continue up?

I think mabey I'll break out the old specialized. :)

Quote Originally Posted by lugnutz View Post
    Cool, thanks for the report. I've meant to meet up with some family that lives up there to ride this trail all year, it's getting away from me. Hopefully I can find time to ride it before the snow.

Is the white rock the top of the trail or can it continue up?

I think mabey I'll break out the old specialized. :)

Ditto My wife's family is up in that area as well and her cousin keeps telling me about this trail.

It looks like it's in decent condition. Not too rocky?

One more thing... How much climbing?

Sent from my Samsung Vibrant using Tapatalk

evenings after work are impossible for me from farmington but maybe this saturday.....

I may be game for Sat. I was planning on going up to Lewis Peak, but I haven't been riding. So, this may be a good route to go.

For the most part the trail is pretty smooth with few rocks. It is the steep switchbacks that are the signature features.

White Rock is at mile 4.5 and the top of the 2200 foot climb is at 5.5. I took a small spur trail over to White Rock. Both that spur and White Rock are easy to see in the Earth view. At mile 6 this track intersects the trail that climbs even further to Grizzly peak.
    Gene