Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: ACA is shutting down

It's the date "Active as of 10/3/2011", Rich announced he was giving up the ACA to the winner of the beauty contest and either had already or immediately filed for the new name. Which means the I give up, please let someone else handle the pressure, may the next person do a better job was just a dog and pony show.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nice catch, I didn't put 2and2 together. Integrity? Honesty? Not on this one.

Phillip

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    It's the date "Active as of 10/3/2011", Rich announced he was giving up the ACA to the winner of the beauty contest and either had already or immediately filed for the new name. Which means the I give up, please let someone else handle the pressure, may the next person do a better job was just a dog and pony show.
    This was a despicable maneuver!

Last edited by Felicia; 10-14-2011 at 07:38 PM. Reason: Moderating myself.
    Some people "go" through life and other people "grow" through life. -Robert Holden

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    I disagree. Registering a DBA is not a big deal. If I had a twinkle in my eye of a new name I might want to use, I would Register it as a DBA just to be on the safe side. Same with a website domain. So, call it subterfuge if you like, I call it contingency planning.

Tom (not generally considered a fan of The Big Red One, though I love the movie)

Quote Originally Posted by mdd View Post
    Posted by Rich this morning:

Decision has been made. No need to wait until Nov 1. The American Canyoneering Association is going away completely. If someone wants to start a new association, more power to them. If they do, I will send out a notice to everyone on our email list to inform them about the new association and let them decide if they want to join.

http://www.canyoneering.net/forums/s...8907#post28907

Rich has deleted the thread on the ACA site.

Revisionist coward

Makes sense for the gatekeeper of the truth to delete anything that contradicts with his opinion.

Phillip