Thread: Anyone have plans to be near Blue John Oct. 15th or 16th?

Anyone have plans to be near Blue John Oct. 15th or 16th?

I am planning a trip thru Blue John On Oct. 15th or 16th, and was looking for some help with a shuttle. Anyone going to be around at that time? Thanks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

There will be several of us out there for Bogley-fest. Here's a link to the thread.
    http://www.bogley.com/forum/showthread.php?p=444931.

Option 1. Join us as we will be doing several canyons in the roost area complete with shuttles and good company.

Option 2. Depending on how our schedule matches up with yours, you can solo the canyon and catch a ride back.

Option 1 should prove to be a good time had by all.

I'm planning on wandering around the area without food, water, letting anyone know where I am, or having any idea where I'm going. I hear that's the only way to travel in that part of the state.
    You May All Go To Hell And I Will Go To Texas

Sweet. A friend and I will be there on the nite of the 13th or next morning. We have climbing experience, and a little canyon experience. We were planing on West fork of Blue John, thru Horseshoe Canyon to see the pictographs. Is that worth doing? Can it be done in a day? We've never been to Roost area for canyons, pretty much just goin for it for a few days. We will see you there for sure. I'm sure whatever we end up doing will be great. Thanks. Made my day!

Quote Originally Posted by xxnitsuaxx View Post
    I'm planning on wandering around the area without food, water, letting anyone know where I am, or having any idea where I'm going. I hear that's the only way to travel in that part of the state.
    LOL! I only wish I could have come up with that as quick you did.

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JT Local View Post
    Sweet. A friend and I will be there on the nite of the 13th or next morning. We have climbing experience, and a little canyon experience. We were planing on West fork of Blue John, thru Horseshoe Canyon to see the pictographs. Is that worth doing? Can it be done in a day? We've never been to Roost area for canyons, pretty much just goin for it for a few days. We will see you there for sure. I'm sure whatever we end up doing will be great. Thanks. Made my day!
    This is suddenly a popular route. Perhaps we should call it the "rubberneck" route. It is not a great canyoneering route, and is a long way to do the Gallery in Horseshoe Canyon.

Perhaps better is the West/Main Bluejohn Loop, though you might want a wetsuit for the expected long wade/swim in West BJ after the rappel.

http://canyoneeringusa.com/utah/roost/blue.php

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by ratagonia View Post
    This is suddenly a popular route. Perhaps we should call it the "rubberneck" route. It is not a great canyoneering route, and is a long way to do the Gallery in Horseshoe Canyon.

Perhaps better is the West/Main Bluejohn Loop, though you might want a wetsuit for the expected long wade/swim in West BJ after the rappel.

http://canyoneeringusa.com/utah/roost/blue.php

Tom
    This was one of the first routes I led a group on about 3 or 4 years ago. It was a lot of fun and I recommend it as well.
    - Gavin