Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's your favorite sleeping pad?

What's your favorite sleeping pad?

I need one that offers good padding, and light weight, though I'd be happy to carry an extra pound or two to keep from feeling rocks all night. So what pads do you like and why?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I use a Big Agnes AirCore. Not necessarily 'cause it's the best, but I got a good deal on it (about $35) and it packs up nice and small. Mine weighs in at 22 oz., but there are some lighter (and more expensive) air mattresses out there.
    Blog | FB

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeyBiggs View Post
    neoair
    I've been thinking about getting one of those. I hear their amazing. How do you like it?
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Backpacking - ProLite
    Car Camping - Big Agnes

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonccc View Post
    I've been thinking about getting one of those. I hear their amazing. How do you like it?
    they are phenomenal. super light, and BY FAR the most comfortable sleeping pad out there (with the aircore's being the only real competition, imo). pretty much everyone i do extended backcountry trips with now uses them. once you go neoair, you'll never go back.

i've used all sorts of pads, z-lites, ridgrests, prolite, etc... neoairs are expensive, but if you are going to use it a lot, it's totally worth it. they aren't great in cold weather, however, because they don't insulate super well. but that's easy enough to fix, when it gets really cold, just carry a thin eva foam pad to layer with it.

Somewhere outdoors, where you wish you were
    I use a Neoair, size large for almost all me camping/backpacking sleeping needs. As a backup I have a BA insulated air core.

Kevin

Exped Synmat 7. Bomber, I have used it for 30 or 40 nights, mainly in the desert. Comfy, and has it's own built in pump. It is insulated, I have spent a couple of nights on snow.
    About $120 but I found one on sale.

The Neoairs have several styles to choose from. I've seen the plain old Neoair, the Neoair Trekker, and the Neoair All-Season. Which ones have you tried and liked?

depends on what temperatures you are expecting. i have a full length regular neoair. the trekker is simply more durable, weighs more. the all season is also heavier, but designed for more insulation.

anything 25 degrees or warmer, i'd say the original is fine...

I looked at the Neo Air. It is pretty nice, but I have found I tend to roll off those pads that are high off the ground when inflated. That is why I went with the prolite small, lower profile to the ground, insulated, and I use my backpack as the foot bed for my sleeping pad. My feet stay toasty warm.

I am looking into getting one of these for next season: http://www.klymit.com/index.php/prod...riaxframe.html

You can slip it in your sleeping bag, and it weighs 9 ounces.

I use an Exped Synmat Basic 7. Weighs 24oz. Has synthetic insulation. Picked mine up for anout $70. It is 3 inches thick and very comfy. I have used it in conjunction with my Kelty Light Year 20 down bag and been comfortable down to around 15. I have been looking at getting a Pacific Outdoor Peak Elite AC pad. It weighs a mere 14oz and is insulated.

Have you tried to use the Neoair with the thermarest camp chair? I think you're supposed to be able to do that. Have you, and if so, what did you think?
    Deb

Another xped guy here. I have a Downmat 9. I love it particularly in the fall, winter and spring. Summer, it is super comfy but there are most certainly ultra light weight options.
    Life is Good

Quote Originally Posted by Wasatch Rebel View Post
    The Neoairs have several styles to choose from. I've seen the plain old Neoair, the Neoair Trekker, and the Neoair All-Season. Which ones have you tried and liked?
    I have a NeoAir Reg. and a NeoAir Lg. I actually sleep well in the outdoors now! Have had almost every other pad out there including B.A., Exped, and almost every pad Thermarest has made. The Neoair is by far the best I've used. I may invest in the All-Season one of these days as well?

I have the original NeoAir. I love it and I am a side sleeper! When I was up in Alaska in Wrangell St. Elias I bought a cheap foldable foil sun blocker for a car windshield and was not cold at all!
    [COLOR=#800080][FONT=franklin gothic medium]"Too often I would hear men boast of the miles covered that day, rarely of what they had seen." Louis L

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeyBiggs View Post
    neoair
    x2! I LOVE mine!!!!

Sheesh! I'm still using my old therma-rest. If it ain't broke don't fix it. No problemo.
    If I'm car camping I use my Cabelas huge 2" fabric covered foam pad. Could be more comfortable than my bed.

I use, and love, my BA Insulated Air Core. When I went to that a few years ago, I started to actually enjoy sleeping in my tent, rather than enduring it. Looks like when the time comes, though, I might have to look at the NeoAir...