Thread: Awesome "new" trail in St. George

Awesome "new" trail in St. George

So it's only "new" to me as I've heard now that it's been around for several years but pretty sure it's not an approved project so the creators have tried to not spread the word about it. Some awesome jumps/gaps/drops that I don't have the skills or the bike to hit, but a few more tame ones that I trust myself and my bike to handle. Either way it's a ton of fun and must be a blast for those with more skill and a burlier bike than I have.

Name:  313760_101001655573&.jpg
Views: 582
Size:  58.0 KB

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    My neighbors were telling me about this place last night. They ride there all the time.
    Chere'

Quote Originally Posted by blueeyes View Post
    My neighbors were telling me about this place last night. They ride there all the time.
    The next time that I am in St George, will you show me this place ? I also still want to check out the Barrel trail as well.

In case it's needed...the background of that picture wasn't accidental...major clues there to the location :)

Quote Originally Posted by REDFOX View Post
    The next time that I am in St George, will you show me this place ? I also still want to check out the Barrel trail as well.
    I guess I better go find it so I can show you. But Kent definitely left a great hint!

The other thing my neighbors told me was next time they see a bunch of trucks pull up with mountain bikes they are inviting themselves to the party.
    Chere'

Cool picture. Another awesome trail? Shweeet!

Yeah...it's not very long. You can shuttle to the top in a matter of minutes and if you bomb down it you can finish in a few minutes too. But there are several different routes to try.

Ya i've know about this for about 2 years now.. first found it by reading the "project" thread on mtbr.com. at the time it was secret because people kept destroying the banks and jumps with there bike while they were trying to build it. I knew where it was because they slipped up and took a picture like the one above.. hmm... towers I wounder where that could be.. i actually work at the very base of this mountain on the other side from where the homes are.

i just need to get a bike, and some balls first.
    Candition.com | Canyon Conditions

<%@me = User.find_by_adventurer(params[:theking648])%>

I was looking back at the pictures I took Saturday when I rode Blowhard and Bunker Creek. I snapped this one on of St. George as I left my house on my bike that morning to meet the LVMTB group at the Texaco. It was such a pretty view and well one more clue with out saying exactly where that trail is.

Name:  DSCF4372..jpg
Views: 343
Size:  62.6 KB
    Chere'

Quote Originally Posted by theking648 View Post
    i just need to get a bike, and some balls first.
    Yeah...the last part is the hardest part...I'm a born wimp so there are a bunch of stunts on that trail I may never touch.

I will probably be in St George for Thanksgiving. I will bring the bike and anyone that wants to try it out can. If someone brings a camera, we would have something to post on bogley.

I was looking back at the pictures I took Saturday when I rode Blowhard and Bunker Creek. I snapped this one on of St. George as I left my house on my bike that morning to meet the LVMTB group at the Texaco. It was such a pretty view and well one more clue with out saying exactly where that trail is.

Name:  DSCF4372..jpg
Views: 343
Size:  62.6 KB
    Because St George has changed so much since I moved from there in 1993, I still am unsure what direction these towers are in relation to St George or another surrounding community.

Quote Originally Posted by REDFOX View Post
    Because St George has changed so much since I moved from there in 1993, I still am unsure what direction these towers are in relation to St George or another surrounding community.
    http://maps.google.com/?ll=37.065811...h&z=16&vpsrc=6
    Candition.com | Canyon Conditions

<%@me = User.find_by_adventurer(params[:theking648])%>

If this here be the type of trail you seek, no reason to go any further than Gorgoza Park.

I can bring the camera. I like my wheels to stay on the ground but love watching everyone else jump.
    Chere'

Quote Originally Posted by jinx View Post
    If this here be the type of trail you seek, no reason to go any further than Gorgoza Park.
    I thought that you were living out of state. Now I find out that you have been practising your skills. Probably too late now to ride this gorgaoza park ? We should do some rides.

I can bring the camera. I like my wheels to stay on the ground but love watching everyone else jump.

I was living/working out of state until Feb. of this year. Got a new job at a rock mechanics place in SLC now. Anyways, the trail I was talking about at Gorgoza park is called "Road to Arcylon"(google it), I rode it on my banshee back in early summer, the trail is amazing! Huge burms that you can rail and drops so smooth you could ride them on a hardtail. A few gap jumps, a moderately big step up/step down, and one road gap that is a pretty good sender. They protect this trail up there in PC like it was their own child though, so do not ride when wet (you dont want a lynch mob on your a$$). Anyhoo, best bike for the trail would be a 4-6" full-suspension, low and tight, slopestyle bike. 8" travel big bikes work fine, but it was hard to stay low on the berms and boost the steep jump lips. I was much faster down the loop on my 5" slayer than i was on my 8" banshee. bottom line: run what you brung... doesnt matter!

Well it was very obvious has to where the above towers and trail is located. I wasn't able to explore it, maybe next time with a shuttle. So many options for getting hurt, I mean flying through the air fun. Hopefully my next trip down south, I will be 100 percent and not fighting a head cold.