Thread: Springdale or Virgin - favorite bars/ hotels/ restaurants/ other

Springdale or Virgin - favorite bars/ hotels/ restaurants/ other

Hi everybody,

This time a question not focused on outdoor-activities, but on social-life!
    Next week I'm flying to Vegas, where my holiday will start.
    I'll be spending several days in (the area around) Zion, some days also sleeping in hotels.

The nights that I'm staying in a hotel (either in Springdale or Virgin), I'll be needing a place for breakfast (depending on which hotel), dinner, possibly a bar to have a drink after a long day in the park (don't know whether I really NEED that, but I hope I still have some energy left for it), or other nice places to go (not referring to trails, canyons or outdoor-activities this time). Where are you people going after a superb day in Zion?

Maybe I

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Bogley BigShot
    Bit n' Spur I think is the only real bar there, and they have great food too. Many of the restaurants do serve some alcohol. Oscars is a favorite for food.

There is not much of anything in Virgin except an RV park.

Hey Maarten, there isn't a whole lot of bar-type "nightlife" in the area, for sure, but there are some decent restaurants and that sort of thing. It all comes down to personal preferences. After a long day in a canyon, I like to head to either Oscar's or the Zion Pizza & Noodle. Both have a good atmosphere, and food that will satisfy your hunger after a day outdoors. The Flying Monkey makes great Pizza as well, though the ambiance isn't a vibrant as the Pizza & Noodle. I also love (LOVE!) the Whiptail Grill, but it's a little more pricey. I always go there for fish tacos at least once on every trip. I also tried their goat cheese enchiladas on my last trip (September) and they were delicious!

For breakfast, Oscar's is a popular spot, though I've not had breakfast there. I usually have some lighter fare at The Mean Bean (across from Oscar's) or at the Pioneer Lodge (where I get a coffee and a scone & check my email.) The service at Pioneer Lodge isn't as great as it used to be, but the coffee is hot & the baked goods are tasty.

Hope this helps - enjoy your trip!

The best bar/tavern in Springdale is

Jacks Sports Grill
    1149 Zion Park Blvd
    Springdale, UT 84737

The place is new and it's your typical sports bar with a dozen HD big screen TV's. The food is your typical pub fare, I'd rate it good but not great. The service is outstanding and they have a full bar. As with everything in Springdale expect ot pay tourist prices. I have only been inside the place when I wanted to watch a football game and the place is full, but not packed. I'd expect that to be typical anytime the NFL or NCAA games are on. And something I find very important in a sports bar is that the managemnet understood which games should be on which TV's, those of you who frequent sports bars will know what I mean.

As mentioned... the Bit-N-Spur has a real bar and a resturant. Expect to pay top dollar and the food is good, but not great.

There is also a descent sports bar in Hurricane:

Ted & Allen's Sports Grill
    980 W State St
    Hurricane, UT

The place is about like an Iggies, and the prices are local and not tourist prices. The food is good, but not great.

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Whatever you do DON'T go the Baristas in Hurricane.

Just in case you want to read about the worst restaurant in all of the US you can check out the reviews here. http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/312/1483...iner-Hurricane

With that said... My daughter loves the Cuban at The Flying Monkey and Spencer and I love the Thai style pizza at Zion Pizza & Noodle. Coffee and breakfast are delish at The Mean Bean.
    Chere'

I like the Mean Bean, but they don't seem to open until after dawn. Lately I've relied on Cafe Soleil which is just on the right before entering the park.

I'm not up on the current Utah beer situation, but beer in Utah was something I avoided because it was weak in alcoholic content (3.2%), but perhaps the laws have changed. Perhaps the microbrews might be more robust.

I really really like the food at the Bit N Spur. Do Angels Landing, the Narrows, Subway, whatever, and top off the day with a plate of sweet potato tamales. Muy bueno.

Oscars is good for breakfast and the Park House as you enter Springdale is very good for breakfast, too. Oscars for dinner, Whiptail is excellent, too. Jack's is OK, a real bar atmosphere Zion Pizza and Noodle is very good, I like the Pizza my wife the Noodle.

I have never heard one good thing about Baristas, amazing how a place can be consistently bad! and over priced!

Win
    Quoting my best friend, Bob McNally, after a bad boating trip: "Nature scares me!"

Utah photos: www.winpics.fototime.com

Quote Originally Posted by Win View Post
    I like the Pizza my wife the Noodle.
    IF YOU WON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, PLEASE, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!!!

2008 V2K Classic LT
    2004 Toyota Tacoma
    Schwinn Homegrown
    CouchSurfing
    Patriot Guard Riders

Thanks a lot for all the tips.
    I'll try some of them next week, and another one of them in Hurricane I'll try absolutely NOT (as I read realy bad feedback above).

Thanks everybody!