Thread: Stewart falls

Stewart falls

Went up to Stewart falls last Saturday and rapped the 5 upper falls. We didn't have a 300 foot rope so we skipped the last one, but I'm getting one soon, so we'll return and finish it off right because the other falls were a lot of fun. We took the Stewart falls trail up and cut up to the right of the falls, working up some pretty steep stuff to get to the top. We then found some faint trails and bushwhacked quite a bit to get to the top. We realized, however, when it opened up more that we were well past the falls. But it was beautiful so we weren't too disappointed. And we got to down climb a mini-falls :) Anyway, we suited up and dropped in and I would say the flow right now is just right for a fun trip but not so much as to be dangerous (I did Bridal veil a month ago and it was at danger levels I thought). Jayson forgot his wet suit so he was pretty hosed by the end. Falls were up to 125 feet in length I would estimate and were a lot of fun. The shortest one was probably 25-30 feet. Some really beautiful country though, with some fun class C stuff. We left at 8 and didn't get done until 5. But, our group was 6 people, some less experienced than others and slower, and we probably lost at least an hour by going so far past the top falls. I'd say it could be done by a competent group of 3 in about 6 hours. I'd recommend at least 3mm wet suits and you'll probably get a little chilly even then. Had to make anchors at the top of each rappel but there were plenty of trees and bushes to facilitate that. Lots of fun.
    Attached Images Attached Images                 
    - Gavin

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I'm looking forward to going back when we get that rope. It's going to be amazing.
    --Cliff

I've got a 300 footer. If you guys want to get out and hit it soon let me know. Heck - I've got a 600 footer. We could double-strand that thing. And your friend without a wetsuit - I'm surprised he didn't die doing it in jeans and a long sleeve cotton shirt. I'd rather rap naked than rap wearing that!
    You May All Go To Hell And I Will Go To Texas

Quote Originally Posted by xxnitsuaxx View Post
    I've got a 300 footer. If you guys want to get out and hit it soon let me know. Heck - I've got a 600 footer. We could double-strand that thing. And your friend without a wetsuit - I'm surprised he didn't die doing it in jeans and a long sleeve cotton shirt. I'd rather rap naked than rap wearing that!
    He rapped a few without a shirt, but the water was coming down hard enough he said it hurt his skin. After each rap he took out a fleece he had in a dry bag and wore that for a little bit. I'll send you a message about doing it again. I'd love to finish it off right. possibly in the next few weeks
    - Gavin

Good times! Thanks for sharing.

makes for some badass photos, that's for sure. cool stuff

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Good times! Thanks for sharing.
    Agreed!

Quote Originally Posted by xxnitsuaxx View Post
    I second that

Quote Originally Posted by bshwakr View Post
    Did you see any black or gold slings in there?
    k
    I didn't see any slings, but we didn't venture too close to the top of the 300 foot falls because we knew we didn't have the rope to do it.