Thread: Sport

Sport

Sport had a special night tonight. In came in the form of baseball. It happened on the last night of the regular season. It took the form of the improbable. It did it in several locations, simultaneously, distinct, yet interconnected. It was drama at its best. It was so special that it must be explained in chronological format, for that is the form that gives it the most justice. And I doubt that I will live to see it expressed so eloquently again.
    R

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Bogley BigShot
    I did not attend the special night, but just stopped by to say hi to the special man. Ram

As a Red Sox fan, it was difficult to watch, though, it didn't surprise me, at all, the way it ended (after what we've suffered through the last month). As a sports fan, and someone who appreciates the drama of the game, you really couldn't have scripted it much better than that for the Rays. It's too bad they have such a bad fan base (well, lacking, I'm sure there is a good small group of true fans), and building, because that's a team you can really get behind!

The youngest of the fans in Boston/New England really don't realize how spoiled we have been the last decade. It definitely takes some of the sting off of the epic choke of a collapse. It was not nearly as devastating as Boone in 2003 and Buckner in 1986 (one of my first vivid sports memories), thanks to them finally pulling off a couple of championships, but it was bad, and there will be changes (because when you have an unlimited payroll/no salary cap, you can just throw money at the problem and hope they go away)....

Crazy night for sure. And Ram!!! Posting in the Sports forum. Well played!
    Life is Good