Thread: Just the Two of Us

Just the Two of Us

My mother was a life saver yesterday and took the kids for the day. This allowed Sonia and I to have a trip to ourselves, where she could focus solely on the fishing rather than the distractions associated with the little ones.

It was super slow fishing, but we both managed to catch fish from a difficult lake and I ended up getting into anther personal best (length) tiger trout! Sonia wasn't able to hook any monsters, but defeating the skunk on such a tough day and lake was definitely something to smile about.

We ended the day at 3 fish in total for me: 1 cutthroat, 1 tiger, and one smallmouth bass.

Sonia: 1 cutthroat, 1 smallmouth bass.

We enjoyed the scenery and each others' company during the drives to and fro. The catching was tough but we had a great day and it's a great to stretch a tape to 25.5 inches!

Here are some pics:

25.5" / 4lbs, 10oz. It took a 1/16oz green marabou jig + killer caddis dropper. It took the jig.

Sonia's fish came from the same jig/fly rig right after the hog.

Happy Fishing, Humans.

Lost On A Hill

Utah Water Log

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Looks like Starvation reseivor, when did they plant tigers in that water ?

Well we did go to Starvation, but I didn't mention the name of the other lake for a reason...
    Lost On A Hill

Utah Water Log

Dang, nice Tiger.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

Nice! A new personal best will always leave a smile on your face- usually for quite a while. What a monster! You should post where you caught it just so people don't go swimming there.

I've gotta ask a newbie question just to give you a hard time. Why didn't you let it go so that its babies could grow big like it is?

J/K! Just had to give you a hard time. Tiger trout can't have babies.

Let's just say that all the myths about big fish tasting nasty are false.

I'm actually getting a little bit better at filleting them too, so that's a bonus.

I just ate some and it was delectable.
    Lost On A Hill

Utah Water Log

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum