Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bogleyfest on the Paiute Trail

Bogleyfest on the Paiute Trail

We had a great time riding on Friday and Saturday. Awesome company and awesome trails. We had 10 people there. What a great time! More later about what trails we rode and whatnot. I don't really know!

I'll just post my photos for now and we can all chat about it later...

Day 1 - Circleville to Koosharem

Day 2 - Circleville to Beaver

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Great time, weather couldn't of been better, ad in some carnage and you have a great weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by moab mark View Post
    Great time, weather couldn't of been better, ad in some carnage and you have a great weekend.
    I couldn't agree more! It was blissful carnage all the way.
    I just dropped by to see what condition my condition is in.

Great ride. I was only riding Saturday and I'm completely sore, 2 days would have done me in. Thanks for the invite and guiding the ride, great trail selection like always.
    Attached Images Attached Images          

Quote Originally Posted by fourtycal View Post
    Great ride. I was only riding Saturday and I'm completely sore, 2 days would have done me in.
    I heard that Garbanzo has been in bed for 2 days. You'd be in worse shape if you were as old as him.

gonna need the details on the 530 dirt nap....

Quote Originally Posted by double moo View Post
    I second that ?????

Nice picts guys.

I really like the 3foot stump jump shot almost made

Hope the knee is OK.

This is what happened when Dave passed a Razor and then tried to hurry and catch up. Had a small problem negotiating a corner on the way to Fremont State Park. Flew into a ravine and pile drived his head into the opposite bank. THIS IS WHY YOU WEAR A HELMET. That Helmet was brand new prior to the pile driving. It was priceless when he rode up with a bush sticking out of his head.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by double moo View Post
    I got waxed by a 10 foot log.

It had two cut off branches sticking out the top of it. They were just barely protruding out in into the track I was following. The branch got caught between my leg and my bike going at a good clip. I ended up dragging the log off the side of the mtn and moved it about 5 feet and into the trail. My handlebars got tweaked and forks. I had to loosen the bolts on my fork clamps to straighten the front end. My handlebar clamps got tweaked too.

Luckily I'm ok because I was really moving and did a superman when I got snagged on the log.

You really have the watch those logs and stumps on the sides of the trail. There were several get-offs on the trip, luckily this was the only time my KTM decided to take a nap.

What a trip! 10 of us total. A big thanks to all those Bogley members that came, Mtn Seeker, Moab Mark, Accadacca, Garbonzo, and Fourtycal and the friends brought by them.

Our first loop on Friday was a 127 mile loop from Circleville into Koosharem. Initially we were going to add an Antimony side loop to that but after the initial 4 miles it was plain that some were really struggling with the baby head rocks and hill climbs. At this point some motorcycles had already taken 1-2 dirt naps. So we turned back to the 01 juntion and continued into Kingston canyon. At this point one rider had hurt his hand pretty bad and had come to the conclusion after 3 wipeouts that he was in over his head and decided to go back to camp. This was truly a shame since most of the 01 after Kingston canyon is all road, but he couldn’t be convinced. Maybe next year? On this 01 section between Circleville and Kingston I was in the lead when Garbonzo came up behind me, I had been loafing a bit and decided to step up my game so as not to get passed. This caused me to wash out on a tight left turn. I believe Garbonzo captured this all on film. That was my first dirt nap….We took the 01 to the 89 junction and took it all the way across to the 01 again and then the 01 into Koosharem. On this 60 mile leg we had one flat tire, which while changing, the spare was popped as well. After patching the original we got going again. Moab Mark and his group continued on and by the time we got to Koosharem they were ready to leave so we essentially ended up in two groups. I also fouled a plug on this section. We had some great burgers in Koosharem and then proceeded to return. We took the 01 to the 87 then up the 87 to the 89 and the 01 to the 02 and down to the 25 and then back up to the 01 into Kingston and into Circleville. A good day with great guys.

On Saturday we woke up to Jarrod’s bike having a coolant leak. After a little presidential engineering we came up with a pretty ingenious solution that involved a split fuel line that was hose clamped around the original coolant tube. This day Moab Mark and his group said they would stage out of Beaver so we said we’d see them if we saw them. So the 5 of us, Me, Jarrod, Accadacca, garbonzo, and Fourtycal set off up the 01 out of Circleville. No wrecks but the spring for my exhaust broke near the top so I had a pretty loud bike from then on. We took turns as to the order and pretty much just had an awesome day. I love the Beaver loop since it combines so much true trail. Jarrod was setting a pretty good pace and it was a lot of fun to try to catch up to the guy in front of you through these tight twisty trails. We took the 88 to the 67 and 68 into beaver. On the 68 we ran into a traffic jam of a razor coming up the tight spot with the drop off to the creek. We had a hard time getting the lady who was driving it to move over enough so we could get off our bikes and squeeze by. PIA! We gassed up in beaver and set on up the 05. I love the 05, at least once you get out of the rocks anyways. Going up the switchbacks I was in the back and had stopped to take a wiz and was subsequently screaming to try to catch back up. This meant that my bike once again washed out on a loose switchback and I found my bike taking its second dirt nap of the trip. We ran into a group of horseriders at the end of the 05. We saw them in plenty of time and we slowed way down and kept our distance and were fine. However the 2nd group of horse riders a little farther down the road we’re far more skitttesh. Which we could clearly see. The one horse was near bucking and we weren’t even close yet. So we killed the engines and walked our bikes by. I thought we had done everything we could to pass nicely but the guy was still pretty pissed, whatever. From there we took the 01 up to the 26 and then back down to the 01 all the way back to Circleville. Up the 01 to the 26 garbonzo ate it as well.

On the 26 Fourtycal and I were behind Accadacca when we came around the corner to find a huge log across the trail. Initially I thought Accadacca had tried to jump it but then I saw the huge divot in the earth where the log used to be I saw what had happened. He had caught the log and literarily pulled it out of the earth and down the trail while doing a superman into the bushes. Good stuff. Then Fourtycal took a nap coming down the 01 switchbacks into Circleville so my understanding is that pretty much everyone except for jarrod took a dirt nap at some point in the day. Mainly I think this is because everyone was riding pretty aggressively and having a blast.

We had a great time. Lots of fun and the riders were great and overall I think everyone had a good time.

EDIT to add that I saw two 50" gate posts ripped out. One on the 01 between the paved 153 and the 01/26 junction right across the creek. Totally ripped out and laying on the side. The other one was at the 01 before the switchbacks going up. There is a metal cattle like guard that you go across and the post right there was torn out. Disappointing to say the least. The switchbacks are noticeably wider and torn up than normal. Not sure if this is due to wider than 50" people going up there but it is what it is.
    Last edited by nelsonccc; 09-28-2011 at 11:12 AM. Reason: addition
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Now......where the fook is the video? If Garbonzo would get out of the hospital already we could see some good footage!
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonccc View Post
    Now......where the fook is the video? If Garbonzo would get out of the hospital already we could see some good footage!
    Yeah I don't even know if he has his camera turned on? It might just be for looks?! I rarely see footage outta him...

Hospital, yeah right. Tired and sore as all hell, for sure! I'll try to get something together this weekend. Too damn busy working to go through the footage.

Quote Originally Posted by Garbanzo View Post
    Hospital, yeah right. Tired and sore as all hell, for sure! I'll try to get something together this weekend. Too damn busy working to go through the footage.
    Still no video? It must take a lot of time to edit out all his wrecks!
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

So exactly how much trash talking is going on in this picture?

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    So exactly how much trash talking is going on in this picture?

Oh believe me, being it was my flat, I had never changed one, and didn't have all the tools needed. Yeah, it was a joke a minute.
    They still helped me though. It was fun.

Just got released. I'm importing to Imovie now. It'll take 3 hrs just to import, then I can get to work. Expect some riveting (if not lame yet entertaining) footage no later than tomorrow.
    Sorry for the delay, and yes Chris, I did get your dirt nap. It's a dusty one.

Sorry I missed this post, I would have bought you Pizza in Marysvale.
    Please buy my book - "Paiute ATV Trail Guide" at www.atvutah.com - I need gas money!!!!

Ok, here is a video I put together from our trip. I apologize for not getting more of our group riding, but the need to be separated due to dust, really made it tough. I hope it represents a small portion of the fun we had. No film could do it justice anyway. Can't wait for the next one.