Thread: AF Canyon - Sept. 2011

AF Canyon - Sept. 2011

The trails are dry, the leaves are changing and the weather is perfect for riding. If you haven't ridden in AF Canyon you should try it out. There are trails for all abilities. My friend and I hit trail #40 and #39 until our bikes broke. Coincidentally we had both machines break near the top of trail #39.

My shift lever broke at the perch so I had to turn around and cost down to flatter ground and then limp back to the truck in 1st. As my buddy was following me his chain completely broke for no reason and had to push his bike back a mile or so.

I should have known it was going to be "one of those rides". Within 2 minutes of starting, my gopro got torn off my helmet.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Dang, so how'd it come off? Was it the adhessive that failed or did the clip break?

The adhesive actually came off. So I threw it in my backpack. Otherwise I would have put it back on to capture the real carnage that was to come later in the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by mcirque View Post
    The adhesive actually came off. So I threw it in my backpack. Otherwise I would have put it back on to capture the real carnage that was to come later in the ride.
    Dang, too bad. Cool footage though. Have you considered different angles and mounts?

Sweet! Looks like a riot! That tree assaulted you!

That branch totally owned you. Just a wee little twig and.....BAM.....you're on your ass.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonccc View Post
    That branch totally owned you. Just a wee little twig and.....BAM.....you're on your ass.

Great footage. Makes me think chestmount is the way to go for a go-pro. I get my headlamp and helmet hooked all the time. Doesn't help being 6'4 on an XL mountain bike

Lucky

Well I didn't get tossed off the bike, but the branch gave me a chiropractic treatment tearing the gopro off the helmet. As far as mounts I'm thinking it would be cool to somehow mount a small tripod on the back of the bike just a little taller than the rider so you can see more of the bike and rider. Only problem is as soon as you lay the bike down your camera is getting beat up.

There's a bridge over the creek now? Good. Everytime I'd ford the creek I'd hit a submerged boulder and fall over. Gave the fishermen a good laugh.

that looks like a fun trail, where is the th?

About a quarter mile above Tibble

Is there a map of the A.F. area?

Not sure if this is the most recent?

American Fork Canyon trail map: http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_...sem_034879.pdf

You can get a map from the ranger when you enter the canyon. There are many trails. Some easier than others.

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Not sure if this is the most recent?

American Fork Canyon trail map: [--snip--]
    That map is NOT current, and is NOT consistent with the current MVUM. Get the map from the ranger as mentioned (it's a more usable map), or get the current MVUM (it's the legal reference for trail designations).

That branch just about knocked me out of my chair! That is one tough camera.

We were headed there for a ride thursday but the weather is not going to cooperate.