Thread: I Had a Good Thing Going Until Some Moron Ruined It

I Had a Good Thing Going Until Some Moron Ruined It

So, I recently changed jobs and one of the perks was the schedule; 2 days on/6days off. Well, I just got off a conference call where the subject was a letter from the FAA to a guy in Jacksonville, FL addressing his request for clarification on the regulation that allows us to do so.
    Anyone who deals with federal regulations knows that they're written in a manner that leaves much to interpretation. Ask two govt. reps one question and you will very likely get two different answers.
    This guy happened to ask the legal dept. in Oklahoma City and got a formal letter that just screwed all of us in the EMS biz. that were lucky enough to work for a company that was down with the 2/6 schedule.
    Now, thanks to Glenn Jimenez at 1286 Edgewood Ave in Jacksonville, many people across the country (like myself) now have to work 7 days on/7 days off and we all know exactly who to thank for it. If I was in Florida, I'd be toilet papering his house and leaving a flaming bag of dog crap on his front porch tonight.
    Anyone who says that there's no such thing as a stupid question, obviously hasn't met that douche nozzle.
    How can you have your non-dairy pudding substitute if you don't eat your wok-braised tofu?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

jeez what a douche. I hate dudes like that.

I'd say go for revenge, but you working such long hours now, you probably don't have time.

That was one thing I was so jealous of the fire dept. As I recall they had a 3 days on 4 days off sched. Pretty awesome.
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

If it ain't broke......

In my business, it is often better to ask less questions than more, particularly if the answer could hurt you.
    Life is Good

But ask for anther clarification.... next month.

Man, that sucks...

Hopefully, he got a bunch of hate mail from people whose schedules got hosed thanks to his big mouth and stupid question that he'll refrain from future trainwreck questions .

I guess maybe all you can do now is try and make the best of the new schedule?
    Sonya

Art & photography blog

Facebook Studio Page

"I lost my virginity, but I still have the box it came in"

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Only if you bill by the hour AND you don't like the client.
    Life is Good

That sucks who do you work for?

A few years back, we worked a 5 on - 4 off schedule, which many in the union were willing to give up for more money. We got the money, which is great, and now work 5/3, which sucks. I know a lot of us would go back if we could...

Best of luck clawing it back!

Quote Originally Posted by Deathcricket View Post
    I'd say go for revenge, but you working such long hours now, you probably don't have time.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    I think that's the plan. Just keep on asking someone else until we can get documentation of the answer we want .

Quote Originally Posted by moab mark View Post
    That sucks who do you work for?
    It's a small helicopter EMS provider in northern Nevada.
    How can you have your non-dairy pudding substitute if you don't eat your wok-braised tofu?