Thread: Timelapse of flying over Planet Earth from the ISS.

Timelapse of flying over Planet Earth from the ISS.

Timelapse of flying over Planet Earth from the ISS. Nuts!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Anyone figure out what path this takes?
    It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life. - Ten Bears, "The Outlaw Josie Wales"

If you start at about 18 seconds, it almost looks like it is on the western edge of mexico at that point. But, I don't think that is where it actually is.
    Customizable Adult & Kids shirts, onesies, and More
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/CheaperThanShirt

from youtube...

A time-lapse taken from the front of the International Space Station as it orbits our planet at night. This movie begins over the Pacific Ocean and continues over North and South America before entering daylight near Antarctica. Visible cities, countries and landmarks include (in order) Vancouver Island, Victoria, Vancouver, Seattle, Portland, San Fransisco, Los Angeles. Phoenix. Multiple cities in Texas, New Mexico and Mexico. Mexico City, the Gulf of Mexico, the Yucatan Peninsula, Lightning in the Pacific Ocean, Guatemala, Panama, Columbia, Ecuador, Peru, Chile, and the Amazon. Also visible is the earths ionosphere (thin yellow line) and the stars of our galaxy. Raw data was downloaded from;

Wow that is an awesome video! Kinda makes me think though. What a waste of energy illuminating all those lights at night. I assume those are street lights in cities right? At least it looks cool for any aliens watching us.
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

The lightning in the clouds is way cool.

Awesome, check out the solar panels rotating at the end.