Thread: Salutations!

Salutations!

Hello, my name is Brendan and I am new to this blog. I stumbled upon it in getting some info about a spot here in Utah called Beef Basin because I'm planning a trip down there this weekend. I will be sure to post pics and experiences.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Welcome! Be sure to tell us all about it. I've never heard of Beef Basin.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    I've never heard of Beef Basin.
    Then you've missed some of my trip reports here on Bogley ;)
    Randy Langstraat
    ADVENTR.CO | Anasazi Photography

Hey, Randy... I hit you up on Facebook but never heard back. I dug around a little more and got some decent directions around Beef Basin. But to clarify: the large cliff dwelling you have pictured is about halfway up Beef Basin Wash? I'll try and include mileage in my TR, but no guarantees...sometimes my mind wanders when I'm out there :)

I don't think I got a message from you on Facebook? I always try to reply to anyone getting in contact with me?
    Randy Langstraat
    ADVENTR.CO | Anasazi Photography

Oh, I "friend requested" you and asked if you could give me a little more specific information about the Beef Basin area as far as locations of ruins and stuff. I think I have a pretty decent idea of where I'm looking and I look forward to seeing it all and finding my way along.
    I'll definitely post pics and tell stories.

Welcome dood. Stick around and join the party.

Hello, my friend. I am a new member. I ask your guidance as well. My name is teenoie.

SO..... it wouldn't be a desert trip without some sort of tribulation. The short of it is: I didn't get to explore Beef Basin as planned.
    here's the long of it:
    Pulled up to a beautiful camp spot on the south side of Cathedral Butte at around 530 pm on Friday. Liked what I saw, so we parked and started setting up. Went to roll my windows up and nothing happened. Tried to start the truck and it was completely dead. Rather than freak out we decided to set up camp and deal with it in the morning. Made a fire, cooked up some wonderful homemade babyback ribs, had a beer and enjoyed the evening. Managed to get the truck compression started in the AM but didn't want to chance it so we packed up, drove out and headed for Moab. Along the way the truck kept shutting off and turning back on...all the way back to Moab. Stopped at Arches Auto Repair on the south edge of town, where owner Patrick Rippee diagnosed it simply as a fried battery. Got a new one in, checked the charging system and was on our way... if ANYone needs a mechanic in or around Moab I HIGHLY recommend him.
    Had a friend driving down to meet us so we decided to split the difference and meet in Green River to decide the next move. We decided to head to the Red's Canyon Loop Road in the San Rafael Swell, an area I had never been to. I have spent time on the Temple Mountain road but never that far west off of it. It was a beautiful yet bumpy ride down into the wash and we pulled onto the Lucky Strike Mine road and found a decent campsite right near the abandoned mine shacks. In high season this spot would be too crowded for my taste but it was quiet, beautiful and empty this weekend.
    Next day we drove out and did a short hike out along Muddy Creek which was still quite high and flowing strong...took a dip in an eddy and took in the sights. I look forward to hiking the entire length down to Hidden Splendor at some point but that day we just went for a few hours then drove out to find a campsite in Hondu Country.
    Found a nice (yet horse crap filled) spot a few miles before the road completes the loop. Set up camp, watched a beautiful sunset and ate grilled steak.
    All in all it was a great trip. I'm bummed I didn't get to see Beef Basin, but there's always next time.
    I look forward to flooding this blog with my (mis)adventures.

Quote Originally Posted by Bicycle Lee View Post
    I'm bummed I didn't get to see Beef Basin, but there's always next time.
    I look forward to flooding this blog with my (mis)adventures.
    Better luck next time man.

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum