Thread: Best Bang-for-your-Buck Canyoneering Training

Best Bang-for-your-Buck Canyoneering Training

Any recommendations on the best (& most cost effective) technical canyoneering training? My wife wants to pay for some training for my birthday.

I've done a bunch of canyoneering over the past 25+ years but it's all been non or semi-technical. I'd like to move into some more technical stuff. To give you an idea for my experience level I've done Orderville (from the top), Death Hollow (from the Hell's Backbone Road), & Buckskin Gulch.

I'd like training on setting anchors, rappelling, & general rope work. In the field would be preferrable. I'd like to come away from the training able to tackle a canyon like Neon, Pine Creek, or Blue John (without getting myself killed).

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I recommend Zion Adventure Company:

http://www.zionadventures.com/zion-p...ing-trips.html

Call them and see if they can accommodate your needs.

-Felicia. :-)
    Some people "go" through life and other people "grow" through life. -Robert Holden

Thanks Felicia!

Send a message to Spidey, I think he runs a very affordable class.

Seriously though, why don't you just talk the wife into giving you some "free days away coupons" that you can use anytime and go canyoneering with us? (not me, I'm a noob, I mean the pro's that hang out here and run canyons)
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

Another vote for Spidey and Clark's class.
    Life is Good

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Card View Post
    Another vote for Spidey and Clark's class.
    x3

Sounds like Spidey & Clark have an awesome course. How would one find out when they're holding another one? Are they in the Salt Lake City area?

Go to darkhorseleadership.com. All the information is there.
    Life is Good

Quote Originally Posted by manuscriptsdon'tburn View Post
    Sounds like Spidey & Clark have an awesome course. How would one find out when they're holding another one? Are they in the Salt Lake City area?
    We are in the greater Salt Lake area. We are down in Utah county to be precise. We are in fact having a class this coming Thursday, short notice I know. If you go to the website Scott gave, you will find all the info you need, you can also PM me. Look forward to hearing from you.

One more thumbs up for Spidey, met him & did a workshop with him Friday in Zion, he was great.

Wayne

Took Spidey and Clarks technical canyoneering course this weekend. It's was great. It was exactly what I wanted. They were great instructors, the course was hands on, and gave a great introduction and skill sets.

Looking forward to getting out in a canyon and having fun. I would highly recommend it.

Looks like Clark and Spidey have a fall special for their classes -- $100 off some of the technical and advanced classes. Good deal and great training.
    Life is Good

Good course. My first canyoneering experience was a couple years ago with Clark and Steve. That's the main reason I decided on their class. I like the way they lead and teach.