Thread: Canyoneering store

Canyoneering store

Hello again,

A short question from my side.
    I'm currently preparing my trip to Utah in October, and I still need some stuff, among which:

- helmet
    - rapelling device (piranha I think)
    - harness
    - slings
    - optionally rope and/ or a wetsuit

I'm planning on buying these during my trip, however which stores offer all of these things (in the area around Zion)? I need a true store, NOT an internet store.
    I've found some (ZAC, CUSA, REI), however you are the experts, you might give me some additional info or tips.

I hope you can help me.... (apart from what I already found on the internet)
    Thanks in advance, best wishes,

Maarten

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

For canyoneering gear etc: CUSA is my first choice. ZAC carries Imlay Canyon Gear and is located in Springdale would be my second choice. My third choice is The Desert Rat which is located in St George and also stocks Imlay Canyon Gear. These business provide personal, knowledgeable and helpful assistance when making purchasing decisions. I prefer to support these business over large box stores.

Felicia
    Some people "go" through life and other people "grow" through life. -Robert Holden

Desert Rat in St George- for sure! I love that place
    If you don't have anything nice to say....come and sit by me.

Dana & Thane @ Couchsurfing.org

http://www.thedesertrat.net/store.html

St. George's newest and most complete outdoor store, The Desert Rat, outfits the adventurer for treks in Zion Nat'l Park and beyond. Check out the store to find the quality gear you'll need to really take in the action of rock climbing, the discovery of hiking, bask in the grandeur of slot canyons and soak it all in while camping under the desert skies. Southern Utah and the entire Colorado Plateau offers truly world class outdoor experiences--we're here to equip you with the right gear you'll need to get out there. Come stop by. We're conveniently located at the corner of Bluff St. and St. George Blvd.
    Will you be driving from Vegas? It's right on the way. The only thing I might not get there is the wetsuit. The scuba store right up the street has a better selection and price range of canyoneer wetsuits. My wife got a hyperflex one there and it really is awesome. But both stores are within 2 minutes of each other. And you might want to just rent a wetsuit anyways and not purchase?

http://www.apdive.com/index.html
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

We have all of those things at Adventure Plus - 765 N. Bluff, St. George 435-674-0082

The Desert Rat in St. George for sure!

All the stores above are top notch. I will throw one more into the mix. We had great customer service at Zion Rock and Mountain Guides. I don't remember the guys name that helped us but he was super nice and had some great info on conditions, etc. You really can't go wrong from my experience.
    The man thong is wrong.

Thanks a lot for the info everybody!

I fully agree with Felicia: [ I prefer to support these business over large box stores. ]
    I'll check the mentioned stores online... And in a couple of weeks, I'll visit them.
    grtz!

i'll second desert rat, and ZAC. both are friends of many of the folks on this board.

sounds like i need to check out adventure plus now too. what do you do there @tcott?

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeyBiggs View Post
    sounds like i need to check out adventure plus now too. what do you do there @tcott?
    Not sure if you were asking what I do or what the store does so I'll just answer both. I'm one of the owners, and we have canyoneering, climbing, scuba, paintball, and skimboarding gear. Basically I just like fun and have a store to support my habits.

Quote Originally Posted by tcott View Post
    Basically I just like fun and have a store to support my habits.

As long as we are throwing out promotions.... North Wash Outfitters has a large selection of Canyoneering products and all the Imlay Canyon Gear line. While we don't have an actual brick store, I have accommodated many a customer with dropping by to pick up items and I will ship anywhere.
    Jared Hillhouse
    North Wash Outfitters LLP.
    Twitter: @North_Wash
    N.W.O. on Facebook
    "Great Adventure Buddies Make It Happen"