Thread: Bicycle parts for a good cause

Bicycle parts for a good cause

Ok.. So for those of you that have read the thread about my friend Roger you already know that he is a hurting boy from a Bicycle accident. For those that haven't go check it out and come back :) .

Rog will not be able to ride a normal bike for a while but a recumbent trike would be just the ticket to get him back in the saddle ..

I had some parts lined up and they fell through so I am searching for the following.
    1 Full suspension Mt bike (26 inch tires) with a Steel frame (chromo is ok). your kids old MT bike would work just fine
    2 Kids mountain bikes with 24 inch wheels and suspension forks OR
    1 24 inch tire kids bike with solid forks

anyhow let me know what you have to donate to the cause
    Tacoma Said - If Scott he asks you to go on a hike, ask careful questions like "Is it going to be on a trail?" "What are the chances it will kill me?" etc. Maybe "Will there be sack-biting ants along the way?"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Hey DOSS a good resource if you are in SLC is the Salt Lake City Bicycle Collective. I donate all my used stuff to them and they either turn around and make bikes for kids or keep it in stock to for people in the community who want to get a bike up and running for cheap. Project Trike might be something that is right up their alley if you are looking for resources. The West Temple location is their main location with more parts than you can imagine.
    It's your fault, you shouldn't have been there!

I will have to check them out, thanks..
    Tacoma Said - If Scott he asks you to go on a hike, ask careful questions like "Is it going to be on a trail?" "What are the chances it will kill me?" etc. Maybe "Will there be sack-biting ants along the way?"

Bump :).. with everything coming and the direction parts are leading me I am searching for a steel frame 20 tire bike :).. you know you have a kids bike in the shed just collecting cobwebs that you want to give to a good cause ;)

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum