Thread: Airport Friendly Backcountry Destinations

Airport Friendly Backcountry Destinations

Hey guys - been a long time since I've been on here, let alone in the outdoors scene, but I'm back. A couple years ago I moved to San Francisco and ditched the car. Since then I've been looking for better ways to get back into the backcountry without one.

One of the things I've been thinking about is getting a list together of backcountry destinations with public or private shuttle services to get backpackers to/from airports with regular service...hell, even private individuals who offer up shuttle services in smaller areas would be worthwhile. I think it could help a lot of other people in the same situation who wouldn't mind flying to a destination if there were a known and recommended shuttle service to get them to a National Park or other destination where they wouldn't need to rely on renting a car.

The shuttle service that spurred this whole thread was the one that made me realize I could get to Zion from LAS pretty easily, and from there the internal NPS shuttles or local shuttle services could handle the rest: https://www.stgeorgeexpress.com/zion...as-airport.php

But it's one thing to research particular destinations and figure out if it's possible one by one, and another to have a compiled list of known possibilities when it comes to planning outings.

So I'm asking the community, what are some of the trips you have done either within the US or internationally with airport shuttle services that have worked out well?

If we get enough of a collection together maybe we can make a sticky for a permanent resource. Searching around there seems to be a common desire for knowledge like this.
    Mike

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement