Thread: Wheeler creek trail question.

Wheeler creek trail question.

My son and I want to do an overnight camping trip with our mountain bikes and I was thinking wheeler creek would be a good choice, maybe camp in ice box canyon. Anyway, I'm quite new to mountain biking and I haven't been on this trail yet. I was just wondering if I would be able to use a two wheeled cargo trailer on this route or if I should try to fit everything on the bike with me. Thanks for any info you can give!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

yes you can use a two wheel cargo on the route, wheeler is a wide double track that you will be able to ride up comfortably with a trailer. May only be one section that is narrow due to erosion but you should be fine. You can camp right at the top by the art nord trail head or by icebox etc. isn't the longest trail but would be great to haul up the trailer, set up camp and go ride some singletrack. Good luck and make sure to not camp in the middle of the trail at Art nord (people always do) I will be riding up there sat morning and awking you up if you choose to camp there!

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

Icebox is pure singletrack, so no on the double wheeled trailer. But yes on Wheeler.

You might also find better spots if you head up towards Maples Trail Head, park at the lower snowbasin parking lot and head down the dirt road, around the gate right by the stream that goes under the parking lot.

Thanks for the info, as you saw, we weren't there Saturday. We are going Sunday night to Monday afternoon. The fact that this wasn't a very long trail is actually what attracted me to it. Since my son is only 11 and neither of us are really experienced mountain bikers. I'll be sure to post a trip report to let you know how it went.

no camping at trailhead of wheeler also....have to go up the road and pull off the side of the old basin road if your gonna camp....also noticed that they have the Bear country signs out...

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

Quote Originally Posted by live2ride View Post
    no camping at trailhead of wheeler also....have to go up the road and pull off the side of the old basin road if your gonna camp....also noticed that they have the Bear country signs out...
    We camped about 1/4 mile up icebox canyon right by the river, there was a nice spot there with a fire ring and good flat spot for the tent. I saw the bear sign, but I was prepared for that too