Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Half of Americans drink daily soda, sweet beverage

Half of Americans drink daily soda, sweet beverage

Do you? Is the Bogley demographic different?

Name:  24934356..jpg
Views: 344
Size:  71.9 KB

• Males consume more sugar drinks than females.
    • Teenagers and young adults consume more sugar drinks than other age groups.
    • Approximately one-half of the U.S. population consumes sugar drinks on any given day.
    • Non-Hispanic black children and adolescents consume more sugar drinks in relation to their overall diet than their Mexican-American counterparts. Non-Hispanic black and Mexican-American adults consume more than non-Hispanic white adults.
    • Low-income persons consume more sugar drinks in relation to their overall diet than those with higher income.
    • Most of the sugar drinks consumed away from home are obtained from stores and not restaurants or schools.

Source: http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/databriefs/db71.htm

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

guilty - but I drink diet, always have. I like my teeth.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Nope. I'm in the once a week category. Oh the dayz when gremlin and I used to suck down a six pack of dew before noon.

Once upon a time, I was a Mountain Dew-a-day girl. Not any more. I have pop probably 5 times in a year now.
    My entire lifestyle has changed since then.

have to raise my hand. but i allso have a couple of beers in the fridge that have been there since christmsas.
    But if I agreed with you, we would both be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Oh the dayz when gremlin and I used to suck down a six pack of dew before noon.

And half a bag of Chips Ahoy cookies + one bag of Cheetos....and on our way down to the lake with the ghetto jet ski in tow.

Nothing better than a good burger with a Coke. I don't drink as much soda as I used to, but I still drink it at least a few times a week.
    Randy Langstraat
    ADVENTR.CO | Anasazi Photography

I will sometimes go a month or two with no sodas at all. Usually when I have to stop at a fast food place I get the Minute Made Light Lemonade. At sit downs though I have to have some sort of coke or pepsi or it just doesn't feel right.
    Customizable Adult & Kids shirts, onesies, and More
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/CheaperThanShirt

It depends. If you count my home made energy drink that consists of chia seeds and various fruits - typically grapes and raspberries and a touch of honey as a sweet drink, then yes, every day for me.

Otherwise, I can't even remember the last time I had a soda. I probably have around 5 dews a year - really the only soda I actually like and will drink given the opportunity.
    "an eye for an eye will make the whole world blind" - Gandhi

I only drink soda's a few times a year at best and then only because I'm in some place where I can't drink the water.

I drink water, skim milk, juice and V8. That's about it.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

It's okay if you put alcohol in it though, right?

It's literally been months since I drank anything but flavored carbonated water. You guys should try it - it's so much better than that crappy bland crap that comes outta the tap.

Bogley BigShot
    The other half of Americans probably have reflux like me and my 16 year old daughter, so they won't go near soda!

We both just had surgery for it though... maybe I can someday have a coke again!

I miss it!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    6 liters of Diet Mtn Dew a day.
    Holy cow! For a comparison of Mt. Dew with a sugar - a 2 liter is equal to 880 calories. At 6 liters, thy is over 2,500 calories just on sugar alone. Those poor kidneys (and body) if you did sugar.

And I thought a Mt. Dew every other day was a lot! Lol
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

Quote Originally Posted by jman View Post
    Holy cow! For a comparison of Mt. Dew with a sugar - a 2 liter is equal to 880 calories. At 6 liters, thy is over 2,500 calories just on sugar alone. Those poor kidneys (and body) if you did sugar.

And I thought a Mt. Dew every other day was a lot! Lol
    One of my buddies is a Urologist (spelling?) and I asked him the old fabled question of "Does carbonation contribute to kidney stones". His reply was no, nothing is really proven with that. Just as long as you keep hydrated your chances of kidney stones are low.

I've had a fear of passing a stone for quite a while because of all the Devil Juice I drink, but it sounds like it's not really a threat.

Bogley BigShot
    Did you happen to mention to him the amount of carbonation you were drinking.

to draw a couple of posts together.... I have reflux, and before I knew better, even as young as early high school (early 90s), I used to just pop Tums whenever I had symptoms and it would go away (at least for a few hours), fast forward to 2003, I switched to Prilosec (OTC) and have had great success in keeping it at bay, BUT in Jan 2005, I had kidney stones, and as it turned out, it was from the excess calcium built up from the Tums. Bad times.

That said, I have soda once or twice a week, far less than i used to before I went an entire year without a drop...

Quote Originally Posted by jdgibney View Post
    to draw a couple of posts together.... I have reflux, and before I knew better, even as young as early high school (early 90s), I used to just pop Tums whenever I had symptoms and it would go away (at least for a few hours), fast forward to 2003, I switched to Prilosec (OTC) and have had great success in keeping it at bay, BUT in Jan 2005, I had kidney stones, and as it turned out, it was from the excess calcium built up from the Tums. Bad times.

That said, I have soda once or twice a week, far less than i used to before I went an entire year without a drop...
    I dare call that "getting owned" ha ha. Just kidding though, That is crazy to think about. We are taught that something is good for us in several ways but then there is a back door of death ha ha.
    Customizable Adult & Kids shirts, onesies, and More
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/CheaperThanShirt

Bogley BigShot