Thread: Where do you run?

Where do you run?

I'm a novice, so I'm trying to start by hitting a local paved trail here in Clinton, the Davis County Rail Trail

Where do you guys run, how far?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I run about 4 days a week. During the week I run in the morning on the streets by my house. I have a few loops of 7,8,10, and 13 miles, my distance depends on what I am training for. I wake up early Saturday morning and do a long trail run between 13 and 20 miles. I live in Utah County and run some of the Bonneville Shoreline Trail, up Dry Canyon, and just through the hills. I love trail running, so much more fun than straight pavement. Last week I ran the Mid Mountain Marathon, it follows the Mid Mountain Trail from Deer Valley to the Canyons. Absolutely beautiful, just can't look at the view to long or you will trip, I stumbled several time, but only went down twice.

The cities are continuing to expand the Davis County Rail Trail, and it's connecting up into Weber County now. My wife was just on it and says it's nice.

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    When I was running, I'd do the Jordan River Parkway or just around the neighborhood. Distance dependent on remaining energy (usually only a few miles (1-5). I used to run every evening at 7:30pm (hope to start that up again soon).

If I have to get in my truck to drive someplace to run, it probably won't happen. I'd rather load up my mountain bike..

For now, I just run a big loop around the the south-end of my neighborhood. Max distance has never been more than 5miles. I'm more a hiker than runner (220 pounds does not make for gentle or attractive running <reference Rhinoceros on Wikipedia>).
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

Saturday I'm doing my favorite loop run, but one which I only get to do every few years. It's in Aptos California's Forest of the Nisene Marks State Park. The Aptos Creek fire road climbs up to Sand Point at 1600 ft and with views across the mountains and out to the ocean. It's 9 miles from the entry of the mark to Sand Point. Then, there is a single track trail which winds around the West Ridge before dropping through Douglas Fir and Coastal Redwood forests. It will be my first time hitting 18 miles in this training period for the marathon in November. There are not many folks on foot up at Sand Point and you always get some props from the MTBers who see you up there! I hope I'm up for it...
    It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life. - Ten Bears, "The Outlaw Josie Wales"

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    @StStphen: Aptos, as in between Santa Cruz, CA and Monterrey, CA? I've run the trail that parallels HWY1 and the pacific ocean by Aptos. I don't recall anything higher up along the Santa Cruz mountains, but I only lived there 2 years. Awesome area. I loved the weather, but hated the cost of living and the fact that I was the 1% that spoke English.
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

That's the town! Nisene Marks and the upper Soquel Demonstration Forest are big for mountain biking. Then, because there is such a long network of trails it attracts a lot of runners. There's some ultra runners and elite runners you see there sometimes. It's also the park that contains the epicenter of the '89 quake, though there's really nothing to see there.

I think I'm going to have my son ride the trails on Saturday and make him be my "mule" for some extra food and water at the 9 mi mark. It's time to get payback for all those years I carried him when he was little.
    It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life. - Ten Bears, "The Outlaw Josie Wales"

I do the rail trail, too...a couple of miles south of you towards the Freeport Center. I also like to run at Ellison Park in Layton, because it has a flat 1 mile loop, and the Jensen Nature Park in Syracuse because it has a flat 1.8 mile loop.

Re: Where do you run?

Draper is filled with great paved trails to run right out my front door. And if I want to run in the mountains the corner canyon trail system is just one mile away... I'm spoiled...

Sent using Tapatalk

There's some super athletes and top level athletes you see there sometimes. It's also the recreation area that contains the epicenter of the '89 tremble, though there's really nothing to see there.
    Premier Fitness Solutions
    1445 Merchant Dr,
    Algonquin, Illinois,
    USA, 60102-5917
    PHONE# (224) 678-9060

It totally depend on my mode but mostly i used to run around the lake in my city. lake makes great impact on my energy level while running..

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum