Thread: Alpine Sliding Rock

Alpine Sliding Rock

Spent Sunday with friends and family at the Alpine Sliding Rock. Not much to report other then it was a fun time on a hot summer day.

Here is video of the days events... enjoy the show.

FWIW: I'm really having a lot of fun with my Go Pro camera. When I bought it I wasn't sure how much I would use it. I've owned other video cameras before and never used them. But I'm having a lot of fun with the Go Pro. It's nice for canyoneering because I just mount it to my helmet and turn it on when we get to a cool spot in the slot. Because of the waterproof replacable case there is no need to baby it.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

We have a key to the gate.. its so nice to drive right up and have everyone look at you with envy
    Stop checking my spelling! I know I suck but I amn't in school anymor, so back off.

Who's butt do you have to kiss to get a key?

Also... do you know the history of the never completed subdivision up the canyon? Someone dumped several million dollars into developing the area and than abandoned their plans and I've always been curious about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    FWIW: I'm really having a lot of fun with my Go Pro camera. When I bought it I wasn't sure how much I would use it. I've owned other video cameras before and never used them. But I'm having a lot of fun with the Go Pro. It's nice for canyoneering because I just mount it to my helmet and turn it on when we get to a cool spot in the slot. Because of the waterproof replacable case there is no need to baby it.

I still think you should seriously consider mounting it to a trekking pole. It will get great angles you couldn't get before. It's my most used mount for boating and hiking.

You can get the angle from 10 feet in the air if there's a crowd in front, or put it right next to the ground, film people walking on the trail, it's easy to hurry and stick in the water if you want to get a shot of somebody jumping in...

Trekking poles are cheap

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...SIN=B0019IQ1WS

And the GoPro Seatpost mount is under $20 too, just clamp it on the end of the telescoping trekking pole. Get some great self shots, and at this distance you can get your whole body in. All kinds of angles, use it to peak around a corner you can't quite walk to, or maybe out over a ledge you're standing on, film right under you.

GoPro SeatPost mount:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...SIN=B0014F5WIA

Plus if you're walking with it out front or behind, the footage is going to be much more stable than on your helmet.

FWIW

My uncle is the real estate agents buddy, he hooked us up with the key. From what I heard it is owned by some rich old guy from alpine. He has too much money and not enough sense and my uncle said he got bored with the development... rich people
    Stop checking my spelling! I know I suck but I amn't in school anymor, so back off.

Very Nice Ice!

I too have really liked my GoPro and take it along a lot more than I ever took my other camera. I like the slow mo you did on here. I have been trying to start shooting footage in 60fps and trying to see if I can get some good slow mo footage. Excellent vid!
    Jared Hillhouse
    North Wash Outfitters LLP.
    Twitter: @North_Wash
    N.W.O. on Facebook
    "Great Adventure Buddies Make It Happen"