Thread: Trek Dirt Series Mountain Bike Camps

Trek Dirt Series Mountain Bike Camps

From an email sent via the "Contact Us" form:

Hi I’m Jo, and writing to you on behalf of the Trek Dirt Series Mountain Bike Camps.

We’ve opened registration for our women’s only mountain bike camp in Fruita, and we’re hoping that you might be interested in talking to us about how we might be able to work together a bit this year.

We’re approaching you because of your reputation and we wanted to connect with your members to tell them that we were in town. We have had people from your area participate in our camps before, and leave with newfound confidence in their skills and excitement for riding overall. Here are some ideas we had:

1) Promoting your organization and programs to the participants who attend the Fruita camp. We’d be happy to hand out brochures, welcome a speaker from your group, or promote what you do through pre and post camp participant e-mails. In return, we are hoping that you’d be able to tell your membership about our camp, so that those who might be interested in increasing their skills and confidence on the trails could find out about the opportunity. We’ve included a few sentences at the end of this email as a sample message.

1) Extending a 10% discount to those who would like to sign up as part of a Bogley group. Our standard group rate starts at eight participants, but if you have a group of six we’d be happy to help out in this way too.

2) Welcome Bogley members who might like to serve as volunteer assistants or sweeps over the course of the weekend. If there’s someone who would like to get involved, learn a bit more about instruction, and take a firsthand role in supporting and inspiring women riders, it would be great to connect.

Note that volunteering is quite different from participating, but very fun nonetheless. Assistant positions are open only to women, but sweep positions are open to both women and men.

OK, I’ll paste the text I talked about earlier just below my signature. I’ve also attached our camp flyer that you may like to post on your website or send to your members too. In the meantime thank you very much for your time and interest. I look forward to talking to you soon. Jo.

Jo Fergie
    Program Co-ordinator
    604-484-6238
    jo@dirtseries.com
    www.dirtseries.com

Trek Dirt Series Mountain Bike Camps – Fruita, Colorado September 24-25

The Trek Dirt Series has recently opened registration for their women’s specific and co-ed mountain bike skills camps, offering confidence building and inspiring learning opportunities throughout Western Canada and the US.

The camps are open to beginner, intermediate, and advanced riders, and cover techniques from basic front wheel lifts and switchback turns to technical climbs, descents, and drops.

The program includes skill development sessions in the mornings, instructional rides in the afternoons, and bike maintenance clinics, food, and drinks in the evening. Operating for over a decade, the Trek Dirt Series has an outstanding reputation for professional and motivating instruction, and for delivering new skills that make riding more fun than ever.

If you’re at all inclined, or if you know of someone who might be, visit www.dirtseries.com for more details.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

why not some camps that dudes could participate in, too much of a sausage fest I guess.

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Dirt series does a co-ed up in Whistler.

I have attend two of their camps and felt it was well worth my time and money! So here is one recommend from me for the ladies. I enjoy riding with you "guys" but it is a whole lot less intimidating riding with all women when you are learning.

First camp I attended was in Park City with Oja. Last year I did the Fruita camp. Just to give ya an idea. After completing last years camp I made both of the steep switch backs in Icebox canyon going down. That may not mean anything to someone who has been riding for a long time. But I have only been riding mountain bike for 3 years now. So for me it was a huge accomplishment to make both those switch backs. Plus I rode XTERRA last year and never took my foot off the pedal! Best ride ever.
    Chere'

i am going to send my wife to one of these when she is ready...I am sure she would be much happier if I wasn't chirping in her ear telling her to stay clipped in and just ride it...

The Trek Dirt Series cater for all levels of riders - why not have your wife sign up for this camp? She may be able to teach you a thing or to after attending that way you both benefit. If you are more experienced you could also get in touch to be a volunteer. You get to pick up lots of tips that way too.

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Hello Jo! Welcome to Bogley.
    Chere'

Jo, you should also post this on the utahmountainbking.com forum.
    Are we there yet?

Pretty sure she is not going to sign up for this opne being that she just gave birth 2 weeks ago, if she were to sign up in the future I would volunteer and ride sweep but who knows if she would even want to do it, she's pretty busy and I can't have her stealing my mtn bike time...LOL

Quote Originally Posted by jofergie View Post
    The Trek Dirt Series cater for all levels of riders - why not have your wife sign up for this camp? She may be able to teach you a thing or to after attending that way you both benefit. If you are more experienced you could also get in touch to be a volunteer. You get to pick up lots of tips that way too.

Thanks for the tip tallsteve!