Thread: Biking at The Canyons Mountain Resort - 08.28.11

Biking at The Canyons Mountain Resort - 08.28.11

Hit up The Canyons yesterday for some decent downhill biking. It was $15 for an all day pass (10am-4pm I think). We were there from 10:30-2. We took the Gondola up and headed over to the High Meadow lift. From there we did the Red Pine Loop as a warm up. We then hit the park-like runs on either side of the High Meadow lift a bunch of times. The dude at the top told us it would take an hour and a half to get down to the base using the Holly's trail so we jetted and it subsequently took us 30 minutes to get down. What!? bike is the lifty riding?

I thought I had my GoPro on for the ride down which would have been nice because I had a nice crash, but oops. A pretty good day, but their trails still need some work to make them top notch. Not too bad for $15 though. Great practice area for sure.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

very nice, trails look like they are coming along pretty good for some fast downhill with some good features.

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

That's pretty sweet, I'm trying to get up there this season be foe it shuts down. Does anyone know when that is?

sent from Samsung Epic 4g

I'm in as long as I don't get hurt.

Awesome! I love your vidz dood. I used to ride up there (Deer Valley) 20 years ago with my Dad and @double moo

I recall it being about 8 bucks. That was before full suspension, downhill bikes and all the stunts that they have now. We just bombed down the cat track trails back in the day.

yeah it has come along way since then. I am supposed to be going up there tommorow to have fun but it looks like the wheels may be falling off of the wagon...

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

Redspecialized and I hit the Canyon downhill trail system last Saturday. The jumps and gaps in the above video really are that big. My Second run, I ended up hitting all of the big stuff. The more times I rode this the less butterflys I had. I don't mind hitting drops, but I have never hit big jumps like these with so much speed. It felt like I was flying forever. I needed Sombeech to take pics and video. I want to hit it again before the end of the season.

Here is the video of RedFox (shawn) and I riding the two trails plus the small park at the top of the gondola. It is a fun set of trails and will only get better as they build more trails. They were working on a trail when we there. It's a good deal for $15 I thought. Don't know where else in the state that has trail like this where you don't have to pedal. That's best part, riding a chair lift to the top!!

I brought my helmet cam but forgot that I didn't have a way to attach it to my full face helmet. So we just had to stop to get some video. Not the best video, but at least is proves we were there!!

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum