Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bogley Fest Nov 10-13 (North Wash Area)

Bogley Fest Nov 10-13 (North Wash Area)

Visit this thread for more information:

http://www.bogley.com/forum/showthread.php?61017

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    Using the Motel 6 at Granary Springs might be a better basecamp. More canyons to do from there, bigger campsite, easier to find.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by ratagonia View Post
    Using the Motel 6 at Granary Springs might be a better basecamp. More canyons to do from there, bigger campsite, easier to find.

Tom
    That's a good idea, also near Not Mindbender, that one has plenty of room. Just got to see how many people want to do canyons.

This looks good for me at the mo, I just need to check on flight prices.

Is a 4WD required to access Robbers Roost?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob L View Post
    This looks good for me at the mo, I just need to check on flight prices.

Is a 4WD required to access Robbers Roost?
    Cool. Most likely not, but it would not hurt to have one.

I will be there November 11 & 12 (all day for both).

I would be willing to lead one easy/moderate canyon (such as one of the Bluejohns, Buck, Sams Mesa Box or something similar) and one harder one (such as Alcatraz). Larry would be a good one for something in between too. I haven't done Buck (it only has one rap and a few downclimbs), but for the others, I'd prefer leading something I have already done, especially since this is a gathering with people of various skill levels in mid-November.

One thing to remember is that days in mid November are very short, so you have to be extremely cautious about attemting longer canyons, especially if you are doing them with people whom you don't know.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott P View Post
    I will be there November 11 & 12 (all day for both).

I would be willing to lead one easy/moderate canyon (such as one of the Bluejohns, Buck, Sams Mesa Box or something similar) and one harder one (such as Alcatraz). Larry would be a good one for something in between too. I haven't done Buck (it only has one rap and a few downclimbs), but for the others, I'd prefer leading something I have already done, especially since this is a gathering with people of various skill levels in mid-November.

One thing to remember is that days in mid November are very short, so you have to be extremely cautious about attemting longer canyons, especially if you are doing them with people whom you don't know.
    Cool. I have beta for Buck if you/we need it. Does Sams Mesa Box go by another name? I can take some people thru White Roost, WF of White Roost, Not Mindbender, Mindbender.

Does Sams Mesa Box go by another name?
    Not that I know of. I did it back in 2000, but wouldn't mind going again.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

I might be up for leading Little White Roost and North Fork of Robber's Roost if interested.

Quote Originally Posted by MPH View Post
    I might be up for leading Little White Roost and North Fork of Robber's Roost if interested.
    I'll put you down for them.

Flights booked, so I'm a definite for this one!

Rob

Flights booked, so I'm a definite for this one!

Rob
    Cool

Is this open to anyone ?

Quote Originally Posted by deagol View Post
    Is this open to anyone ?
    Yes, it is.

Could you put me down as a "maybe" ?

I have to check into a few things.
    Thanks Much !

This one is going to be in the North Wash area now. I will get a mod to change the title.

I guess I cannot get a mod to change the subject title's around for me.

Mod, Forget it, I figured it out for myself.

North Wash is good for me too (still very much a novice!). I did a couple of the Leprachaun canyons there two years ago, after the Moab Bogley Fest 2009, so I would welcome the group's experience in showing me others.

One thing I can't bring is a wetsuit...
    1) Will one be required? (It was all VERY dry two years ago in November 2009).
    2) If so, is it the sort of item that I could borrow from a kind individual? (I borrowed one for Pine Creek 2 years ago)
    3) If not, where's the best place to buy one between Las Vegas and Sandthrax campground?

Would anyone like anything from this side of the pond? I have luggage space to bring Seville Marmalade, Marmite, Bovril...etc etc

Rob Lees

Hi Rob,

Most likey the weather will be the same, so I'm guessing no wetsuit. Just to let you know, if it's raining or snowing that time, the Fest will be canceled. If you do want to buy one, I think there are some stores in St. George or in Springdale near Zion. What is Marmite, Bovril?

John

North Wash is good for me too (still very much a novice!). I did a couple of the Leprachaun canyons there two years ago, after the Moab Bogley Fest 2009, so I would welcome the group's experience in showing me others.

One thing I can't bring is a wetsuit...
    1) Will one be required? (It was all VERY dry two years ago in November 2009).
    2) If so, is it the sort of item that I could borrow from a kind individual? (I borrowed one for Pine Creek 2 years ago)
    3) If not, where's the best place to buy one between Las Vegas and Sandthrax campground?

Would anyone like anything from this side of the pond? I have luggage space to bring Seville Marmalade, Marmite, Bovril...etc etc

Rob Lees