Thread: approach shoe

approach shoe

Anyone know the status of the La Sportiva Exum Pro approach shoe? Has it been discontinued or is/has the company come out with an updated version under a different name?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by erial View Post
    Anyone know the status of the La Sportiva Exum Pro approach shoe? Has it been discontinued or is/has the company come out with an updated version under a different name?
    It was discontinued about 10 months ago. La Sportiva came out with another shoe for spring '12', but it isn't a replacement per say. It is a lowtop and midtop designed for fast hiking. Nice looking shoe, but not the type shoe the Exum Pro was. I asked Mark Day at La Sportiva how many pairs of the Exums I'd have to order to have them do a production run (hoping he'd say 500 or so), but they'd want an order of 3000 pair. Not something I'd be able to handle!

I liked the Exum Ridge or whatever was the predecessor to the Exum Pro and I definitely liked the Exum Pro. Just wore out my last pair going up and down Capitol Peak. Now what? Both shoes had that unique tread that I don't believe the other La Sportivas sport. Well, I ain't happy, but my knees will be until I can find something as good and get to abusing them joints again.

Thanks for the info, Bo.

i have been wearing a pair of five ten exum guides. they have been a very comfortable and well fitting approach shoe. plus you can strap on a pair of crampons for those mid summer snowfields.
    But if I agreed with you, we would both be wrong.

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar
    @Bo_Beck do you know the name of the replacement? or the replacement to the exum river.

if you want another company helping to get to 3000 shoes I could ask contacts of people I work with. I bet we could get 3000 quick.

How about the Exum River?

Could try calling Backcountry or Mountaingear etc. I'm sure they would be interested.

Read something about a La Sportiva Xplorer (low cut) scheduled for sale in March 2012. Wondering if the Desert Rat intends to stock it and if so when might it be available?

Quote Originally Posted by Bo_Beck View Post
    It was discontinued about 10 months ago. La Sportiva came out with another shoe for spring '12', but it isn't a replacement per say. It is a lowtop and midtop designed for fast hiking. Nice looking shoe, but not the type shoe the Exum Pro was. I asked Mark Day at La Sportiva how many pairs of the Exums I'd have to order to have them do a production run (hoping he'd say 500 or so), but they'd want an order of 3000 pair. Not something I'd be able to handle!

Quote Originally Posted by erial View Post
    Read something about a La Sportiva Xplorer (low cut) scheduled for sale in March 2012. Wondering if the Desert Rat intends to stock it and if so when might it be available?
    We,ve had them in for a couple weeks now and they are selling fast. Every person that I've talked to that has bought them is LOVING them! I know that I like mine much better than I ever liked the Ridges, Rivers or Pros! I Like them much better than my Guide Tennies, Savants and Insights as well!