Thread: Marijuana Farm busted near Morgan

Marijuana Farm busted near Morgan

There goes the price....

See how to embed KSL Videos in your posts

PORTERVILLE, Morgan County

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Grow it local/Buy it Local and end the demand for foreign product (Plus it angers Mexican drug lords who really really want your $$)
    Tacoma Said - If Scott he asks you to go on a hike, ask careful questions like "Is it going to be on a trail?" "What are the chances it will kill me?" etc. Maybe "Will there be sack-biting ants along the way?"

Right, DOSS. And encourage the Mexican DTO's to bring their drug war further into the U.S. to battle over selling their weed more cheaply than the weed you want legalized by our government. Good thinking. The Mexican DTO's are the ones growing this stuff in our country as it is, so it's not really a "foreign product", is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Mooseman70 View Post
    Right, DOSS. And encourage the Mexican DTO's to bring their drug war further into the U.S. to battle over selling their weed more cheaply than the weed you want legalized by our government. Good thinking. The Mexican DTO's are the ones growing this stuff in our country as it is, so it's not really a "foreign product", is it?
    Sorry.. I missed placing the Sarcasm tags in there so the font didn't show up correctly. -- I also never stated I wanted it legalized by our government :)
    Tacoma Said - If Scott he asks you to go on a hike, ask careful questions like "Is it going to be on a trail?" "What are the chances it will kill me?" etc. Maybe "Will there be sack-biting ants along the way?"

I love how they stake it out 24-7 and can't catch some stoners. "But we heard someone talking one night". MAYBE you guys got too friggin high on the job, and imagined it. There is one ATV trail to get in and it's that hard to monitor it?

Then they have to have a "large showing of manpower" because "these guys are really dangerous". Like 3 guys in a shack out in the middle of no where without guns pose any kind of threat. It's like they don't even try to cover up how inept they are anymore. The only guy I give kudos to is the helicopter pilot. He seems like the only competent one of the bunch.

Our tax dollars "hard" at work "keeping us safe from drugs"
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

These things are all over the state. I know of similar raids in Sevier, Piute and Garfield counties.
    Please buy my book - "Paiute ATV Trail Guide" at www.atvutah.com - I need gas money!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mooseman70 View Post

Drug lords wage wars over marijuana because it is a product of the black market. There aren't currently drug wars over tobacco farms, or homemade moonshine because it's already legal and easily accessible to all.

I'm not trying to spam or ignite a flame war but I think the most pragmatic course of action at this point is to legalize marijuana.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    Drug lords wage wars over marijuana because it is a product of the black market. There aren't currently drug wars over... homemade moonshine because it's already legal and easily accessible to all.
    Alcohol is easily available to all, and I don't drink so I'm sure you'd know better but is Moonshine available? I know that Everclear is pretty close to moonshine, but I remember reading a story in 2008 about some guys in the South (Tennessee?) trying to legally make Moonshine and they were shot down.

[QUOTE=rockgremlin;469098]Drug lords wage wars over marijuana because it is a product of the black market. There aren't currently drug wars over tobacco farms, or homemade moonshine because it's already legal and easily accessible to all.

Drug lords wage wars over marijuana because it is a product of the black market.
    I'm not trying to spam or ignite a flame war but I think the most pragmatic course of action at this point is to legalize marijuana.
    Which is (part of) why we need Ron Paul for 2012!
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

You CAN make your own moonshine - and it is pretty close in strength to everclear. However, you may only make moonshine FOR YOUR OWN PERSONAL CONSUMPTION. You may not sell and/or distribute alcohol without a licence.

Which brings up another valid point in regards to marijuana...why can't the same policy be in place for marijuana? Grow your own for your own personal use? Raise the fines and penalties for unlawful distribution and sale, etc.

All of this is coming from a guy who has NEVER smoked pot nor even SEEN a joint or MJ plant. Years ago I would've thought the legalization of MJ is absurd, but the more I study, ponder and pray about the options and benefits, I'm sold on legalizing it.

Which brings up another valid point in regards to marijuana...why can't the same policy be in place for marijuana? Grow your own for your own personal use? Raise the fines and penalties for unlawful distribution and sale, etc.
    I think it's close to that right now, the cops won't do much if you just have your own personal stash. In fact I don't know if they even take it from you anymore if you're caught with it, rules seem to be changing. You just can't have the appearance that you have the intent to sell.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    I think it's close to that right now, the cops won't do much if you just have your own personal stash. In fact I don't know if they even take it from you anymore if you're caught with it, rules seem to be changing. You just can't have the appearance that you have the intent to sell.
    I think much of it has to do with the state in which you reside. In know for a fact that if ANY citizen in California is caught with an ounce of weed they're issued a citation for a minor infraction -- equal to a parking ticket. And this applies to recreational (NON-MEDICINAL) use. In Cali medical MJ has been legal ever since the 1990's, and recreational MJ has been all but decriminalized.

However, in the state of Utah, if caught with an ounce you'd be arrested, cited, and your face would be on the front cover of the Deseret News.

However, in the state of Utah, if caught with an ounce you'd be arrested, cited, and your face would be on the front cover of the Deseret News.
    The good ole beehive state.