Why So Many GoPros?

Just saw this on the GoPro facebook wall:

Name:  300947_101502687318&.jpg
Views: 2020
Size:  101.0 KB

I'm guessing this is the video?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Oh yeah, he must have one one the dash cause he gets some sick shots. Not sure where the rear ones come from. Also was Awesome to see my epic meal time bros on there. I love those guys long time joe.
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    All right Beech after watching that video I expect you to step it up! Next time I ride with you there should be a Gopro on every camera mount you have created plus four more...none of this stopping every 10 ft to change camera angles.
    Chere'

the shot with all the go pros is at 1:40 more or less. it's "the matrix" trick.

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeyBiggs View Post
    the shot with all the go pros is at 1:40 more or less. it's "the matrix" trick.
    That's nice, sonny.

HUH? Help a non photographer out. Whatchewtalkinbout?
    Life is Good

they took like 30 go pro cameras, and put them all on the same plane (back of the car.) then, they take each sequential frame from one gopro across the plane, and it gives the effect of the camera sliding across the back of the car.

in the matrix, however, they use all the cameras, but play in sequence all the frames from the exact same instant (which is how they got the 3d effect with the slow-motion).

not sure that still makes any sense or not. kinda tough to explain.

watch at 6:30 or so to, when the camera looks like it flies up the side of the car, then through the window around his head. that's like 30 or 40 different cameras, but only one frame from each to make the "move."

Oh that is a slightly different video than I saw. Well same video but has longer credits at the end. At 8:38 they show the front gopro rig. And I never noticed the shot at 1:40 nice call Carpey.
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeyBiggs View Post
    they took like 30 go pro cameras, and put them all on the same plane (back of the car.) then, they take each sequential frame from one gopro across the plane, and it gives the effect of the camera sliding across the back of the car.

in the matrix, however, they use all the cameras, but play in sequence all the frames from the exact same instant (which is how they got the 3d effect with the slow-motion).

not sure that still makes any sense or not. kinda tough to explain.

watch at 6:30 or so to, when the camera looks like it flies up the side of the car, then through the window around his head. that's like 30 or 40 different cameras, but only one frame from each to make the "move."
    Actually that makes sense. Thanks!
    Life is Good

Dang.... I wonder how many takes they had to do on some of those shots. In the video you could see rubber marks from previous takes. Still way cool.

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Many gopro

many gopros

why so many gopros