Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Metolius vs. Petzl vs. Imlay (for Tom) Canyoneering Packs, what's the best?

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chabidiah View Post
    I have been using a Arcteryx bag for years now and it finally died in imlay so I could get the Heaps pack. I used it on Kolob and loved it. I have never owned a bag that drains so well..
    Thank you Chabidiah. Did you use the unplanned bivy pad? It is kind of awkward to get out, and harder to get back in, but it does help.

Tom

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

unfortunately I did, I let my wife use to keep her warmer in Kolob. It was easy to get out but a bi#$h to get in. But it was nice to have. I also really like the size of the top detachable pocket, I can cram a ton of stuff in there and its still easy to get too. Something I thought might be nice in a canyon pack was an easily adjustable hip belt. Something that you could slide up higher for when you are in a harness. just a thought and maybe the logistics don't work out..
    Stop checking my spelling! I know I suck but I amn't in school anymor, so back off.

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chabidiah View Post
    unfortunately I did, I let my wife use to keep her warmer in Kolob. It was easy to get out but a bi#$h to get in. But it was nice to have. I also really like the size of the top detachable pocket, I can cram a ton of stuff in there and its still easy to get too. Something I thought might be nice in a canyon pack was an easily adjustable hip belt. Something that you could slide up higher for when you are in a harness. just a thought and maybe the logistics don't work out..
    Yeah, that would be difficult. But, when rapping, it helps to adjust the hipbelt buckle so it is not-centered.

Tom

I will try that next time, but i was mostly think about hiking from rap to rap and my hip belt pushing my harness down. I feel like a plumber sporting crack, btw that scuttle butt is pretty sweet but hard to put on in a dry suit/jump suit.
    Stop checking my spelling! I know I suck but I amn't in school anymor, so back off.