Thread: Shotgun Ideas Anyone?

Shotgun Ideas Anyone?

I currently use a Benelli Super Black Eagle 2. I completely love it. However, I was just wondering if anyone has a comparable shotgun that they absolutely love. I want another shotgun as good or better than what I already have. My wife needs her own so that we can get back into bird hunting.

The Benelli SBE 2 has 3.5" capabilities but I don't need that since I never usually go any bigger than 3"-ers.

Oh, and the only catch is that I don't want to spend $1400 bucks on a new one like I did 5 years ago when I bought my SBE 2.
    Customizable Adult & Kids shirts, onesies, and More
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/CheaperThanShirt

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I would buy the beretta extrema 2. This has been the best shotgun that I have ever shot or owned. I think that you could get one used for less than $1400.00 A more budget friendly option might be a stoeger or franchi which are owned by Beretta as is benneli. They will shoot up to 3" shells and they are great semi autos if that is what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by REDFOX View Post
    I would buy the beretta extrema 2. This has been the best shotgun that I have ever shot or owned. I think that you could get one used for less than $1400.00 A more budget friendly option might be a stoeger or franchi which are owned by Beretta as is benneli. They will shoot up to 3" shells and they are great semi autos if that is what you want.
    I have a stoeger over/under and love it. I've had it for about 5 years now and it is rock solid, especially for what they go for. I went with them because they go thru the same manufacturing process and quality control as the other berretas but in brazil.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Hey thanks guys, My wife wants to make it easy on herself and stick with another semi-auto for sure. I will have to look into those. My dad has quite the gun collection and all of his shotguns are pump action and double barrels except for his Benelli Vinci, which I don't like. So, I will definitely have to give your suggestions a try.

Quote Originally Posted by jumar View Post
    Want to sell me your SBE 2? LOL
    Actually, I would sell it but I want way too much money for it And, not to mention that at one point I had magazine extension on it so that I could attempt Tom Napps 10 shot hand thrown pigeon trick (even though apparently his was custom made for 10 and I didn't know that so mine will only hold 8+1 instead of 9+1 ) But, the barrel ended up with some scratches from the extension so its got a slight devalue on it . Oh, and... its kinda a member of the family now ha ha ha

I just pulled this from Barettas website on the Extrema 2:

"Beretta’s new Kick-Off hydraulic dampening reduction system reduces recoil an astounding 44% more than its closest rival by using two hydraulic recoil dampers incorporated into the stock “spacer” unit. The recoil energy is gradually dissipated by the hydraulic dampers, resulting in superior comfort for the shooter."

Have you heard if the recoil is less than the SBE 2? I wasn't sure who would be their closest rival :) My wife is definitely a great shooter and doesn't complain about recoil... But, she does bruise easily.

I bought my extrema 2 with the kickoff system back in 2006 specifically because it was listed as having the most recoil reduction technolgies than any other gun. I have shot the super black eagle and it doesn't even come close to how great the recoil reduction is in my extrema 2. I use it mostly for turkey hunting and I shoot the hottest 3-1/2 loads that I can buy. I have never had a bruise from this shotgun ever. I have fired 3 shots in a row with 3-1/2 goose loads with no issues. I have done several shots one handed as well. I paid close to 1700.00 for it with absolutely no regrets. The gun is bomb proof. I could tell you stories about how I have abused this shotgun and it works flawlessly.
    Check out the youtube video from 5 years ago called extrema 2 shotgun demo, about 3 minutes long.

Wow, That is a nice demo. 12 shots in 1.73 seconds.

Now, its all about convincing my wife to buy it, Unless I just buy it and worry about it later

Saw it at Shot Show and I am sure many would love to have a 15 round Kel-Tec KSG when released late 2011

I have been waiting for my kel-tec pmr30 since December of last year. I am beginning to become leary of kel-tec. I think that they introduce something new just to get a response to see if there is a market for it.

Quote Originally Posted by REDFOX View Post
    I have been waiting for my kel-tec pmr30 since December of last year. I am beginning to become leary of kel-tec. I think that they introduce something new just to get a response to see if there is a market for it.
    My dad finally got his pmr30 a month ago or so, he had been waiting just as long. From what I recall he got quite lucky to get it too. I wonder what they are thinking when they only release 200 (or whatever it is) at a time. Doesn't make sense to me at all.

Earlier this year, I hit a clearance sale at Dick's Sporting Goods and picked up a Remington 11-87 super mag for 500.00. I'll be taking it out for it's rookie trip on Thursday the dove opener. I'm excited I love dove meat!
    "You Sombitch's couldn't close an umbrella"
    Sheriff Beuford T Justice

Quote Originally Posted by MY T PIMP View Post
    Earlier this year, I hit a clearance sale at Dick's Sporting Goods and picked up a Remington 11-87 super mag for 500.00. I'll be taking it out for it's rookie trip on Thursday the dove opener. I'm excited I love dove meat!
    I won't be able to hunt doves until next week . I too love dove meat .